Woolworths EZY mastercard R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertoman

It's official , the Woolworths EZY banking mastercard officially closed on 8/10/06 and with it , the lucrative 1:1 FF transfer ratio.

In the letter they tell you how good the new card is PLUS you get

2:1 transfer of FF now ( that's 1/2 point for every $ spent )

no insurance cover .

All in all , I would say the changes are sh!tehouse.........

So your options are

either bank with Sh!tibank ( the worst customer service from bombay based illerate robots )

or get a CBA platinum with a $200 annual fee .

Please tell me if there are any other options in AUS that offer 1:1 on a mastercard / VISA ..

OH well...look on the bright side it was bloody good while it lasted !!!!

bertoman :evil:

bertoman said:
It's official , the Woolworths EZY banking mastercard officially closed on 8/10/06 and with it , the lucrative 1:1 FF transfer ratio.

In the letter they tell you how good the new card is PLUS you get

2:1 transfer of FF now ( that's 1/2 point for every $ spent )

no insurance cover .

All in all , I would say the changes are sh!tehouse.........
Why does the word "Enhanced" spring to mind again :rolleyes:.

The Earth Mastercard will keep you 1:1 til Nov 30. Hopefully some new player will step in to the breach before then.

I like the sound of a co-branded master/visa card with someone like BP offering 1:1. Surely an oil company could use some good PR.

So your options are

either bank with Sh!tibank ( the worst customer service from bombay based illerate robots )

or get a CBA platinum with a $200 annual fee .

Generally speaking bank annual fees and charges are not set in concrete as the bank would have you believe. I've managed to waive many CBA fees which the bank claim are valid charges including the $200 Platinum annual fee.So I strongly reccommend you negotiate with your bank a better deal.

Cheers
Sheriff

well I have taken the advice and sent in a complaint about losing my 24,000 QFF points, and also asked for a platinum card with fee free for life,

I dont think I will get it as I currently have a 10k visa and 21k ezy mastercard, but have been spending average $15k per month for the past 12 months or so,,

I get a postal response tomorrow,

don't like my chances though.........

I reckon, they will just tell me to bugger off

Well, I thought I would give an update,

I submitted this complaint 4 times online, everytime I got an automated response saying that i will receive a response within 4 days,

not one response for about 3 weeks, so I send in a fax with the same info,

someone calls me back and said that they sent a letter out about 2 weeks ago, SO they send out another one, 1 week letter no letter, so Icall up and have a bit a whinge and then they pdf the letter to me, after all of this it was almost a 2 line letter saying "we cannot change the statement date or your points, our new program is BLOODY fantastic"

I say to myself, ummm where is the rest of the letter in terms of applying for a platinum cc

so I email the supervisor, and he responds back saying (therse were his exact words) , "Cust Relations were n't interested in waiving the annual fee"
, hang on, I am already on a fee excemption for my ezy mastercard, so I check my statement, and low and behold they ahve charged me the annual fee.......

Here I am getting a little steamed up and the next day, a platinum card arrives with a new number,

I call up customer relations and ask what is going on, and they sy, it looks like your card is going to be migrated to platinum, I ask what the limit is and the annual fee, they say the limit will stay the same and your annual fee is $200. so I ask them to remove it, and they told me that one of their credit department will call me back, that was two days ago,

today I receiuve a letter saying "as requested, here is your plat card with the $200 fee"

what the hell is going on with CBA!!!

Well, I thought I would give an update,

I submitted this complaint 4 times online, everytime I got an automated response saying that i will receive a response within 4 days,

not one response for about 3 weeks, so I send in a fax with the same info,

someone calls me back and said that they sent a letter out about 2 weeks ago, SO they send out another one, 1 week letter no letter, so Icall up and have a bit a whinge and then they pdf the letter to me, after all of this it was almost a 2 line letter saying "we cannot change the statement date or your points, our new program is BLOODY fantastic"

I say to myself, ummm where is the rest of the letter in terms of applying for a platinum cc

so I email the supervisor, and he responds back saying (therse were his exact words) , "Cust Relations were n't interested in waiving the annual fee"
, hang on, I am already on a fee excemption for my ezy mastercard, so I check my statement, and low and behold they ahve charged me the annual fee.......

Here I am getting a little steamed up and the next day, a platinum card arrives with a new number,

I call up customer relations and ask what is going on, and they sy, it looks like your card is going to be migrated to platinum, I ask what the limit is and the annual fee, they say the limit will stay the same and your annual fee is $200. so I ask them to remove it, and they told me that one of their credit department will call me back, that was two days ago,

today I receiuve a letter saying "as requested, here is your plat card with the $200 fee"

akumaslair said:

Maybe they have been taken over by another bank with superior customer service that also starts with a C.

oz_mark said:
Maybe they have been taken over by another bank with superior customer service that also starts with a C.
LOL

However no one can come close to Citibanks customer service.

Also I think that someone else needs to get a life. There is nothing wrong with the Customer service of the Commonwealth Bank and I think he is just being unreasonable. To ask for the refund of the annual fee is just pathetic. I think you should redeem it with points. if you are spending $15000.00 per month on the card personally I think you should pay the annual fee. Because as far as Platinum cards go the CBA is the cheapest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back