Which service for checking credit score? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Which service for checking credit score?

swordfish

Qantas
Gold
With credit card deals/promos starting to pop up again I'm eager to start churning again:D. I'm curious as to which service you use to check your credit score?

I was previously using getcreditscore but have started using clearscore credit score site as they give you your score + report. Is clearscore a good one or any better ones?

Last edited:

Asaiyo

Qantas
Gold
I used to use creditsavvy but all i ever see are ads to take out loans.

Been using clearscore, saw some of their ads on tv - the one with the dog is pretty corny hah.

They've got an app which is pretty fantastic so far.

They provide the score and a full run down of my report, even provide me some insights on how to improve my score. It keeps me updated on my repayment history and upcoming changes.

Last edited by a moderator:

theblank

Established Member
Creditsavvy, CreditSimple, Getcreditscore, Illion, pick one or two. (tricky, one of these uses Illion)

which backend does Clearscore use?

p,s. seems Experien owns Clearscore, so would be the same data as CreditSavvy from memory

andye

Established Member
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I've just signed up to wisrcredit.com.au which gives you experian (creditsavvy) and equifax (getcreditscore) in one go.

It also gives you the equifax enquiries/accounts which getcreditscore doesnt (except via a full credit report)

swordfish

Qantas
Gold
Might have a look at wisr, didn't know they give you all that equifax data

Chicken

Established Member
I've just signed up to wisrcredit.com.au
I could not sign up, because they don't like the TLD I use, so I could not register. I sent them an e-mail, they asked me to confirm if the domain name of my e-mail is correct, I wrote back to confirm, heard nothing since.

Idiots.

Roger Rabbit

Not sure how relevant these scores are... Just took a 50 point hit on credit savvy for signing up to Optus... Yet creditsimple and others include the Optus enquiry but remains the same... Signed up for bankwest world late last year and none of these services showed any change in score

Last edited:

hkdastur

Virgin
Platinum
Hi everyone - providing a list of the credit reporting agencies and the sites where you can monitor your scores and your credit reports

Equifax, Experian and Illion are the three credit reporting agencies. Equifax uses a 1,200 point scale while Experian and Illion use a 1,000 point scale

You can sign up and get your credit scores (and in some cases credit reports) using your passport, driving license and / or medicare card

Hope this list helps

ExperianCredit Savvywww.creditsavvy.com.au
ExperianFinderwww.finder.com.au
ExperianClear Scorewww.clearscore.com.au
ExperianWisrwww.wisrcredit.com.au
EquifaxWisrwww.wisrcredit.com.au
EquifaxGetCreditScorewww.getcreditscore.com.au
IllionCredit Simplewww.creditsimple.com.au

There used to be one more provider called Lodex which used Experian scores - can't seem to find them now

Qantas
Platinum
Hi everyone - providing a list of the credit reporting agencies and the sites where you can monitor your scores and your credit reports

Equifax, Experian and Illion are the three credit reporting agencies. Equifax uses a 1,200 point scale while Experian and Illion use a 1,000 point scale
I signed up with clear score. My rating is well above the state average, but what does it take to rate 1,000? Several million in the bank, no debt and no credit cards?

hkdastur

Virgin
Platinum
I signed up with clear score. My rating is well above the state average, but what does it take to rate 1,000? Several million in the bank, no debt and no credit cards?
Anecdotal evidence suggest probably 1 - 2% of people manage to have a perfect credit score. I guess it would involve a lengthy credit history, no negatives, consistent responsible use of credit, maybe some residential and investment properties which are fully paid off? I'm a bit more familiar with FICO scores in the US, Australia's credit rating systems are still rudimentary and evolving

Reason i say rudimentary is when i look at my own credit scores across these agencies - excellent on Equifax, good on Experian and average on Illion - for the same individual - me. And the funny part is that it is an exercise in futility to get these agencies to review your scores if you feel there is an error - yet they command the power to control and manipulate our credit scores as they deem fit - saying its based on their internal algorithms and processes

kevrosmith

Established Member
I've used GetCreditScore for quite a while, and log in each month to ensure the history graph gets updated. Based on reading this thread, I signed up the Wisr also. The Equifax score reported in Wisr is different to that reported in GetCreditScore. What would cause the Equifax score reported in the two portals to be different in each one? It's a difference of 70+ points.

samh004

Enthusiast
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
I've decided to keep my Finder account, but have opened a Wisr account and closed both my Credit Savvy and GetCreditScore accounts. Already had Credit Simple.

I like that Finder has an app, but a shame the Wisr app is more focused on the loan side only.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ivert