Which service for checking credit score?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swordfish

Qantas
Platinum
With credit card deals/promos starting to pop up again I'm eager to start churning again:D. I'm curious as to which service you use to check your credit score?

I was previously using getcreditscore but have started using clearscore credit score site as they give you your score + report. Is clearscore a good one or any better ones?

Last edited:
I used to use creditsavvy but all i ever see are ads to take out loans.

Been using clearscore, saw some of their ads on tv - the one with the dog is pretty corny hah.

They've got an app which is pretty fantastic so far.

They provide the score and a full run down of my report, even provide me some insights on how to improve my score. It keeps me updated on my repayment history and upcoming changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Creditsavvy, CreditSimple, Getcreditscore, Illion, pick one or two. (tricky, one of these uses Illion)

which backend does Clearscore use?

p,s. seems Experien owns Clearscore, so would be the same data as CreditSavvy from memory

I've just signed up to wisrcredit.com.au which gives you experian (creditsavvy) and equifax (getcreditscore) in one go.

It also gives you the equifax enquiries/accounts which getcreditscore doesnt (except via a full credit report)

Might have a look at wisr, didn't know they give you all that equifax data

I've just signed up to wisrcredit.com.au

I could not sign up, because they don't like the TLD I use, so I could not register. I sent them an e-mail, they asked me to confirm if the domain name of my e-mail is correct, I wrote back to confirm, heard nothing since.

Idiots.

Not sure how relevant these scores are... Just took a 50 point hit on credit savvy for signing up to Optus... Yet creditsimple and others include the Optus enquiry but remains the same... Signed up for bankwest world late last year and none of these services showed any change in score

Last edited:
Hi everyone - providing a list of the credit reporting agencies and the sites where you can monitor your scores and your credit reports

Equifax, Experian and Illion are the three credit reporting agencies. Equifax uses a 1,200 point scale while Experian and Illion use a 1,000 point scale

You can sign up and get your credit scores (and in some cases credit reports) using your passport, driving license and / or medicare card

Hope this list helps

ExperianCredit Savvywww.creditsavvy.com.au
ExperianFinderwww.finder.com.au
ExperianClear Scorewww.clearscore.com.au
ExperianWisrwww.wisrcredit.com.au
EquifaxWisrwww.wisrcredit.com.au
EquifaxGetCreditScorewww.getcreditscore.com.au
IllionCredit Simplewww.creditsimple.com.au

There used to be one more provider called Lodex which used Experian scores - can't seem to find them now

Hi everyone - providing a list of the credit reporting agencies and the sites where you can monitor your scores and your credit reports

Equifax, Experian and Illion are the three credit reporting agencies. Equifax uses a 1,200 point scale while Experian and Illion use a 1,000 point scale
I signed up with clear score. My rating is well above the state average, but what does it take to rate 1,000? Several million in the bank, no debt and no credit cards?

I signed up with clear score. My rating is well above the state average, but what does it take to rate 1,000? Several million in the bank, no debt and no credit cards?
Anecdotal evidence suggest probably 1 - 2% of people manage to have a perfect credit score. I guess it would involve a lengthy credit history, no negatives, consistent responsible use of credit, maybe some residential and investment properties which are fully paid off? I'm a bit more familiar with FICO scores in the US, Australia's credit rating systems are still rudimentary and evolving

Reason i say rudimentary is when i look at my own credit scores across these agencies - excellent on Equifax, good on Experian and average on Illion - for the same individual - me. And the funny part is that it is an exercise in futility to get these agencies to review your scores if you feel there is an error - yet they command the power to control and manipulate our credit scores as they deem fit - saying its based on their internal algorithms and processes

I've used GetCreditScore for quite a while, and log in each month to ensure the history graph gets updated. Based on reading this thread, I signed up the Wisr also. The Equifax score reported in Wisr is different to that reported in GetCreditScore. What would cause the Equifax score reported in the two portals to be different in each one? It's a difference of 70+ points.

I've decided to keep my Finder account, but have opened a Wisr account and closed both my Credit Savvy and GetCreditScore accounts. Already had Credit Simple.

I like that Finder has an app, but a shame the Wisr app is more focused on the loan side only.

Hasn't been mentioned so far so I'll give it a plug - nabcredithealth.com.au for Illion scores. It provides full accounts/enquiries info in a decent interface.

I use this alongside Wisr for free access to all three agencies.

Hasn't been mentioned so far so I'll give it a plug - nabcredithealth.com.au for Illion scores. It provides full accounts/enquiries info in a decent interface.

I use this alongside Wisr for free access to all three agencies.

Thanks for the tip Sudoer! All your tips and MH cheap fares really! No need for the Equifax membership any longer.

I've used GetCreditScore for quite a while, and log in each month to ensure the history graph gets updated. Based on reading this thread, I signed up the Wisr also. The Equifax score reported in Wisr is different to that reported in GetCreditScore. What would cause the Equifax score reported in the two portals to be different in each one? It's a difference of 70+ points.

I used to use GetCreditScore but found it pretty basic. I just signed up for Wisr and also noticed a difference of about 100 points, though both still show excellent whereas when I had the equivalent score in Equifax it was very good. I'll hold out until my next report to see if it has dropped, somehow, but this conversation is making me think it is just a quirk of the software, in which case it doesn't really matter?

I've always done my monthly check on GetCreditScore, CreditSavvy and CreditSimple. I just signed up for Wisr based on the above and it is not a bad sight, but likewise for above, I found my Equifax score different than what GetCreditScore provide, so that is unusual. Experian score is identical to CreditSavvy.

Looking at the data, it also showed the time they have had a file and in the case of Equifax it said 26 years (although it didn't have 26 years of history), but was surprised it had my employer and a few previous addresses (with erroneous dates).

Regarding the discrepancy in score for Equifax data between Wisr and GetCreditScore, I note that Wisr indicate they only update it every 3 months. That may explain it, although I'm skeptical as my Wisr score is a number that has never been reported by GetCreditScore.

With credit card deals/promos starting to pop up again I'm eager to start churning again:D. I'm curious as to which service you use to check your credit score?

I was previously using getcreditscore but have started using clearscore credit score site as they give you your score + report. Is clearscore a good one or any better ones?

I use wisrcredit and it gives me updated information. The credit enquiries and score gets updated every quarter. Hope this helps.

nabcredithealth.com.au for Illion scores

Looks like NAB Credit Health is getting shut down:

From 9 November 2020, you will no longer be able to access your credit report through
nabcredithealth.com.au.

You’ll still be able to request a credit report from any reporting agency. Visit nab.com.au/creditreport to find out how.

Any credit score or report information you received through NAB Credit Health is private and hasn’t been shared with us, and won’t affect any lending applications you have with NAB.

Want to boost your creditworthiness? You’ll find lots of helpful tips at
nab.com.au/boostyourcreditworthiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back