Virgin Blue now offers travel insurance

Discussion in 'Virgin Australia Velocity' started by Yada Yada, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    I noticed this new offering on the DJ web booking page on Weds night when I was booking a ticket.

2. ozstamps

ozstamps Active Member

Aug 30, 2003
    Sunny Sydney
    How are their prices?

3. N860CR

N860CR Established Member

Nov 30, 2004
    Brisbane & Sydney
    I just booked myself flights SYD-MCY-SYD on DJ and it offered insurance for $9 for both sectors. Seems to be pretty good value

4. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    People actually buy travel insurance for domestic travel? i have never thought of it as being relevant ...

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I purchase travel insurance for most of my domestic travel. It costs $25 per trip and the cover for my golf clubs and up to $3000 towards reducing rental vehicle insurance excess is worth it!

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #6 serfty, Sep 21, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2006
    YMMV was never truer in this one ...

I do ~25 return domestic trips PA; this last 12 months I have had over 10 International trips as well.

In this regard, my $340 annual policy covering all the above is reasonable value.

7. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Agree an annual policy is the way to go if you do enough trips every year. So far that has not been the case with me. Although with my travel plans for next year including a trip to New Zealand and possibly a trip to Europe on top of the 3 SE Asian trips and the domestic golf trips the annual policy would be of great value.

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    That reminds me JohnK - I can't remember exactly when your NZ trip is, but the current sale for early January between AKL and WLG may be of use to you?

9. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Thanks Kiwi Flyer. Incredibly low fares! Unfortunately my trip is not until the end of January. :(

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    sales less likely then since end of school holidays is busy travel period (and business travel back to normal by then) - I'll let you know if I see anything useful.