Virgin Australia Business Class - Meals, Menus & Service

I love Asahi and Peroni and was disgusted when they replaced them with zero alcohol versions and now stuck with that Great Northern swill
I don’t mind Asahi when I’m actually in Japan, but I find it as bad as Great Northern when it’s brewed here.

Does anyone know if VA is still offering Betty's Burgers in their lounges on Thursday and Fridays? and if so what times?

Flying from MEL to ADE on Friday

Last edited:
Well, looks like a refresh has been instituted. Can't wait to try them:

All menu selections in Business Class will have vegetarian options, including some vegan and low gluten dishes
What is the point of classifying a meal as low gluten? It's either Gluten Free or it isn't. This is so frustrating given that Qantas manages to provide some reasonable GF options in J. If VA could get this right then I'd certainly look to fly upfront with them more often, but even using points if I can't eat then there just isn't enough value.

Does anyone know if VA is still offering Betty's Burgers in their lounges on Thursday and Fridays? and if so what times?
I don't think so, I haven't seen them recently.

Because
What is the point of classifying a meal as low gluten? It's either Gluten Free or it isn't. This is so frustrating given that Qantas manages to provide some reasonable GF options in J. If VA could get this right then I'd certainly look to fly upfront with them more often, but even using points if I can't eat then there just isn't enough value.
Because it costs $

Had this today from Broome to Perth. It was ok..bit hard around the edges..
Looks like it just fell from the ceiling, blob on plate, but looks tasty too.

I thought most if not all intra WA flights are on the A320 or something with no J cabin.

Looks like it just fell from the ceiling, blob on plate, but looks tasty too.

I thought most if not all intra WA flights are on the A320 or something with no J cabin.
A few flights are by 737. Actually this was also one.of the upgraded ones with footrest and comfortable space around including tablet holder in the tray and under armrest charging and space.

VA925 SYD-BNE 7/6

Scrambled eggs with sausage or some spinach thing I missed the name of multiple times. Orders taken and served 1A-1F, 2A-2F. After being sad at seeing coughberland sausages instead of bacon in the lounge, it was an unexpected welcome addition to the meal 😋

1000056206.jpg

Pictured below, butter chicken and aged rice on a short haul international flight. The rice was a bit gross so I left it. I think regular rice would have sufficed. Not sure what the weird cheese ball was in the bottom corner. I ended up leaving most of it. We also got offered a tray of snacks after dinner: chips, chocolate and pretzels. They were very attentive. My glass was never empty.

I forgot to take pictures, but I on another flight I tried another thing on the new menu: the loaded potato salad. It was very rich and probably didn’t need the additional chorizo because it already had ham. I’d eat it again.

Attachments

• IMG_6546.jpeg
    IMG_6546.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Pictured below, butter chicken and aged rice on a short haul international flight. The rice was a bit gross so I left it. I think regular rice would have sufficed. Not sure what the weird cheese ball was in the bottom corner. I ended up leaving most of it. We also got offered a tray of snacks after dinner: chips, chocolate and pretzels. They were very attentive. My glass was never empty.

I forgot to take pictures, but I on another flight I tried another thing on the new menu: the loaded potato salad. It was very rich and probably didn’t need the additional chorizo because it already had ham. I’d eat it again.
What short haul j international?

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back