Vinomofo Wine Deals

Subscribe to Winestar. They have some ridiculously good deals at times. Free shipping on a dozen bottles, and the shipping is fast. I have rarely had a dud from them in 15-20 years of patronage.
This prompted me to have another look. I thought Winestar always had reliable wines, but I stopped buying when they got on the Curtis bandwagon.

This mystery wine looks interesting, I am guessing it is Tim Smith although alcohol doesn’t match. Interested if anyone is familiar with it, and/or can advise if 22 was a good vintage in Barossa.

This prompted me to have another look. I thought Winestar always had reliable wines, but I stopped buying when they got on the Curtis bandwagon.

This mystery wine looks interesting, I am guessing it is Tim Smith although alcohol doesn’t match. Interested if anyone is familiar with it, and/or can advise if 22 was a good vintage in Barossa.
It’s this one

Winestar mystery wines (almost) always appear in plain sight elsewhere on their site, usually easy to match up. There are plenty of good reds coming out of Barossa from the 2022 vintage, if you like and are familiar with a wine from previous good vintages, 2022 is probably a safe buy,

If you aren't on Nicks mailing list(s) do yourself a favour and join up for wines and spirits offers, fair prices, lots of new releases and imports, free freight over $250 no matter how many bottles (1 will do) and great service.

Winestar mystery wines (almost) always appear in plain sight elsewhere on their site, usually easy to match up. There are plenty of good reds coming out of Barossa from the 2022 vintage, if you like and are familiar with a wine from previous good vintages, 2022 is probably a safe buy,

If you aren't on Nicks mailing list(s) do yourself a favour and join up for wines and spirits offers, fair prices, lots of new releases and imports, free freight over $250 no matter how many bottles (1 will do) and great service.
Lol, there you go buying $250 bottles again RB...

I have done - Whisky or Cognac/Armagnac, not wine.
Heh, ok I'll allow it.

Does anyone out there buy from Kemeny's anymore? I have done once or twice in the past - mainly secret label semillons. Haven't heard them mentioned by anyone in yonks...

Last edited:
Is Mitolo Savitar any good? VM still has the vintage 2020 of this one at $29.9.

I've never had it but that sure is a lot cheaper than kemeny's mystery deal price, though the JH guide rates the 2019 one pt above the 2020

Winestar mystery wines (almost) always appear in plain sight elsewhere on their site, usually easy to match up.
I thought with an MGS I’d have a good chance of finding it, but only the mystery wine came up :-(

Read our AFF credit card guides and start earning more points now.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

I thought with an MGS I’d have a good chance of finding it, but only the mystery wine came up :-(
If you are on the Winestar mailing list, the email re mystery wines usually contains the tasting notes that appear on the plain listing, google will often find it for you as well as filtering the other listings to search for it.

Anyone had the

Parous Stonehouse Shiraz 2016 – EOFY Deal?​

Not bad for $119 for six if reviews are to go by. Also any discount codes kicking around? Thanks in advance.

Heh, ok I'll allow it.

Does anyone out there buy from Kemeny's anymore? I have done once or twice in the past - mainly secret label semillons. Haven't heard them mentioned by anyone in yonks...
Very rarely. Maybe once every two years max. Usually for Tyrrell's single vineyards Semillon which are 6-7 years old and come up at around $20-$30 from time to time and for Ricard.
Kemeny's is an other era. The actual shop is now Woolworth Metro and only a small area remains for Kemenys which is now only a liquor store.

Anyone had the

Parous Stonehouse Shiraz 2016 – EOFY Deal?​

Not bad for $119 for six if reviews are to go by. Also any discount codes kicking around? Thanks in advance.
I've tried the 2021 Shiraz at $15 and would recommend it! There wines are generally pretty smart

Last edited:

Become an AFF member!

Join Australian Frequent Flyer (AFF) for free and unlock insider tips, exclusive deals, and global meetups with 65,000+ frequent flyers.

AFF members can also access our Frequent Flyer Training courses, and upgrade to Fast-track your way to expert traveller status and unlock even more exclusive discounts!

AFF forum abbreviations

Wondering about Y, J or any of the other abbreviations used on our forum?

Check out our guide to common AFF acronyms & abbreviations.

Staff online

Back