Vinomofo Wine Deals | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Vinomofo Wine Deals

DrSammyLee

In case anyone wants to know today's vinomofo deal.

The secret deal is Tyrell's Lunatiq Heathcote 2010 Shiraz @ $22/bottle.

The black market deal is Hand Crafted by Geoff Hardy 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon @$9/bottle.

penegal

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Re: Epiqure latest offering

Shhhhh :p

Do we need a vinomofo thread somewhere also?

phat-dave

Flights
My Map

probably :D just picked up 36 bottles.... im becoming a big fan of vinomofo

DrSammyLee

Another secret was just posted at vinomofo, a 94pt 2011 McClaren Vale Shiraz @ $10/bottle.

I'm pretty confident it's the Richard Hamilton 2011 Shiraz (based on their clues).

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map

Another secret was just posted at vinomofo, a 94pt 2011 McClaren Vale Shiraz @ $10/bottle.

I'm pretty confident it's the Richard Hamilton 2011 Shiraz (based on their clues).
I came to the same conclusion.

DrSammyLee

Vinomofo secret wine deals

The secret wines from today's "The Critic's Choice" wines (free shipping too):

mofo-secret-deal-95pt-adelaide-hills-cabernet-sauvignon-2010- Bird in Hand Nest Egg @$49.50/bottle
mofo-secret-deal-95pt-margaret-river-cabernet-sauvignon-2010- Wills Domain Reserve Cab Sauv @$27.50/bottle
mofo-secret-deal-95pt-pyrenees-shiraz-2008- Mt. Avoca Reserve Shiraz @$39/bottle
mofo-secret-deal-iconic-96pt-chardonnay-2009 - Tyrell's Vat 47 @$39/bottle (Dan's $52.25)
mofo-secret-deal-iconic-95pt-shiraz-2009- Penfold's St. Henri @$67.50/bottle (Dan's $73.90)
mofo-secret-deal-96pt-mclaren-vale-cabernet-2010- Chapel Hill 'The Chosen' Gorge Block Cabernet @$32.50/bottle (Dan's $56.05)

I've highlighted my pick of the bunch.

While the St. Henri is a fantastic wine it's not really much of a deal. It's been cheaper on vinomofo before.

Last edited:

phat-dave

Flights
My Map
Re: Vinomofo secret wine deals

lovin' vinomofo but i really do wish they had greater selection of whites... specifically sauv blanc

DrSammyLee

lovin' vinomofo but i really do wish they had greater selection of whites... specifically sauv blanc
Seems every fortnight they ask their customers on facebook what variety they want to see next as a deal. You might want to suggest more Sauv Blancs ;)

DrSammyLee

Another secret deal today.

mofo-secret-deal-95pt-margaret-river-cabernet-2010: Xanadu Margaret River 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon @$17.50/bottle (Dan's $29.40).

DrSammyLee

I'm 90% sure these are the wines in the secret deals today:

black-market-deal-mornington-peninsula-pinot-noir-2011 - Duck Sauce 2011 Pinot Noir
which you can compare the notes with here:
https://vinomofo.com/deals/duck-sauce-pinot-noir-2011
Can't say I'm a fan of this one so not recommended from me.

mofo-secret-deal-94pt-barossa-valley-cabernet-2009 - Saltram Mamre Brook Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon 2009

asg29e

I'm 90% sure these are the wines in the secret deals today:

black-market-deal-mornington-peninsula-pinot-noir-2011 - Duck Sauce 2011 Pinot Noir
which you can compare the notes with here:
https://vinomofo.com/deals/duck-sauce-pinot-noir-2011
Can't say I'm a fan of this one so not recommended from me.

mofo-secret-deal-94pt-barossa-valley-cabernet-2009 - Saltram Mamre Brook Barossa Cabernet Sauvignon 2009
DrSammyLee do you have some inside knowledge or are you deciphering the rather vague Vinomofo clues?

DrSammyLee

DrSammyLee do you have some inside knowledge or are you deciphering the rather vague Vinomofo clues?
I just figure it out based on the clues they give. They give you enough information to work out the wines most of the time (point rating from Halliday etc. and direct from producer price are big give-aways), and plus they tend to do repeats of wines deals. So if you've ordered a few of their deals before (like I have) you tend to recognise some of the wines based on the descriptions.

asg29e

I just figure it out based on the clues they give. They give you enough information to work out the wines most of the time (point rating from Halliday etc. and direct from producer price are big give-aways), and plus they tend to do repeats of wines deals. So if you've ordered a few of their deals before (like I have) you tend to recognise some of the wines based on the descriptions.
Ah, very good. I am new to this site and haven't figured out all the wrinkles yet. I had it in my mind that the recent 2011 Pinot was going to be something else, went to buy it but the payment engine was broken last night and it didn't go through. Pleased about that now.

But I have just bought a dozen of what I hope (going purely on your educated guess!) is the Xanadu Cabernet.

DrSammyLee

But I have just bought a dozen of what I hope (going purely on your educated guess!) is the Xanadu Cabernet.
Good choice! I opened a Xanadu 2010 Shiraz (bought from a previous vinomofo secret deal) last night and it's a damn fine one! I expect the Cabernet to be as good if not better as the Margaret River region in more known for their Cabernet's than their Shiraz's.

DrSammyLee

Vinomofo has a new salvation case offer up (version VII):
https://vinomofo.com/deals/salvation-case-vii-a9f387b1
This just means you get a mix pack of a bunch of their recent wines, this one only has reds. The 96pt $90 bottle they mention is the MollyDooker Carnival of Love 2010. They sold this as a black market deal for $29/bottle a week ago. It's a fruit-forward big juicy red catered for American markets, for $29 it's a good deal but not worth anywhere near the $90/bottle they are touting ($40/bottle is about where I'd place it). These salvation cases are a bit of a gamble but if the MollyDooker is the crowning jewel then I can't really recommend it. The last salvation case I bought (version VI) had quite a few duds :(

DrSammyLee

Today's secret deals are:

mofo-secret-deal-iconic-96pt-chardonnay-2009 - Tyrell's Vat 47 Hunter Chardonnay @$34.50/bottle (Dan's $52.25).

mofo-secret-deal-96pt-mclaren-vale-shiraz-2005- Hardy's Eileen Hardy Shiraz @$59/bottle (Dan's $88.35).

GCC

Have given Vinomofo a try. Too hard to those damn emails so 1 fathers day six pack and a dozen Heemskerk Abel's tempest Chardonnay on our their way.:)

penegal

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold

The Salvation Cases are a bit hit and miss IMHO. I purchased one in the past and they sneakily put a heap of CoTD crap into it (not featured on VM at all).

It would be interesting to see this one as it is "made to order".

Daver6

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map

Today's secret deals are:

mofo-secret-deal-iconic-96pt-chardonnay-2009 - Tyrell's Vat 47 Hunter Chardonnay @$34.50/bottle (Dan's $52.25).

mofo-secret-deal-96pt-mclaren-vale-shiraz-2005- Hardy's Eileen Hardy Shiraz @$59/bottle (Dan's $88.35).
Not so certain about the Eileen as the wine for the secret deal.

Strangely they have this unmasked deal - https://vinomofo.com/deals/chateau-reynella-cellar-1-shiraz-2005-30d529ba being Chateau Reynella Cellar 1 Shiraz.

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NS Traveller