Using Qantas Business lounge if you have One World Emerald status

Clairex92

Hi All,

Does anyone know if I am a one world emerald status (Platinum on Qatar) - but Gold on Qantas, can I use the Sydney domestic business lounge?

I've booked the flight via Qantas (Syd-Mel) so my one-world will not be on the boarding pass, but I do have my Qantas digital card to show platinum status.

Or is there a way I can add this to my Qantas booking?

Thanks!

AMX001595_Travel-Insider_1100x260

RichardMEL

Solutions
I believe you will find this thread of use:

Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

Mattg

Enthusiast
Solutions
The short answer is "yes", you should be able to access the business lounge by showing your Qatar Airways Platinum card. Qantas & Oneworld policy is to allow entry, even if your QFF number is on the boarding pass.

Although, some people have had issues (mostly with uninformed and/or arrogant staff), which have been discussed at length in the thread @RichardMEL linked above.

BNEFlyer

Virgin
Gold
Hi All,

Does anyone know if I am a one world emerald status (Platinum on Qatar) - but Gold on Qantas, can I use the Sydney domestic business lounge?

I've booked the flight via Qantas (Syd-Mel) so my one-world will not be on the boarding pass, but I do have my Qantas digital card to show platinum status.

Or is there a way I can add this to my Qantas booking?

Thanks!
Unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks, only the business lounge is in use in SYD at the moment anyway.

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
Unless it's changed in the last couple of weeks, only the business lounge is in use in SYD at the moment anyway.

Both SYD J lounge and QP have been open for some time, although they sometimes drop to just one lounge open on weekends/off-peak

BNEFlyer

Virgin
Gold
I flew through SYD on December 27 and January 9, both times I was told the QP was closed temporarily (not just for the day) and only the J lounge was being used.