Travel insurance enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting it to but fortunately don't have to rely on it
Chubb who also provide my union corporate insurance have reasonable covid cover now.
Still excludes border shut-downs but I'm not aware that any company will do that

It also said effective from March 1 if I remember correctly. I'm flying between 10jan-20feb. It is all very tricky, but I think I'll go for $200 separate travel insurance.... I'm too confused about what will and will not be covered with amex card insurance wrt covid for my trip.

It also said effective from March 1 if I remember correctly. I'm flying between 10jan-20feb. It is all very tricky, but I think I'll go for $200 separate travel insurance.... I'm too confused about what will and will not be covered with amex card insurance wrt covid for my trip.
Correct yes here it is from the email:
Effective Date
The new Terms & Conditions will apply to all claim events occurring on or
after 15 March 2022.​

Update for the Platinum Chard card insurance received via email this morning. Much the same.

Some changes to the smart phone screen cover worth noting.

1638148252507.png

I'm really really bad at interpreting insurance (or any legal) documents. I bet many of you are better at it- so with these new rules, what exactly is and is not covered in terms of Covid? I'm totally confused when I read all this 😩

Only starting after the 15th March for PLAT holders.
Looks like I will need to get a 3rd party one, can anyone please recommend?

I'm booked to travel late December, so it won't cover at all anyway.
trips commencing on or after the 15th March should be good as long as you bought the return tickets with the platinum card.

This is date of departure, right? So if you've booked before that date, it will still apply, right?

Do these changes affect existing travel bookings?

If you have travel booked that is due to conclude before 15 March 2022, your coverage remains unaffected by this change. Any travel or claim events occurring on or after this date will be subject to the new Terms and Conditions.

Made me double-check my union (ASMOF) corporate Chubb policy. Pleased to see that it has been endorsed from 10 November

A line like this from the email stops me in my tracks.

Government Restrictions on International Travel
You are covered for costs if you need to amend or cancel your trip due to the Australian government or an agency (such as ‘DFAT’) issuing a ‘Do Not Travel’ warning, or borders closing, after you have met the eligibility criteria. However, no cover is provided if the country you’re travelling to is subject to a Government 'Do Not Travel' warning or if borders are closed before your trip starts – even if you have an exemption to travel from the Australian government.

A line like this from the email stops me in my tracks.

Government Restrictions on International Travel
You are covered for costs if you need to amend or cancel your trip due to the Australian government or an agency (such as ‘DFAT’) issuing a ‘Do Not Travel’ warning, or borders closing, after you have met the eligibility criteria. However, no cover is provided if the country you’re travelling to is subject to a Government 'Do Not Travel' warning or if borders are closed before your trip starts – even if you have an exemption to travel from the Australian government.
Happy to be corrected but I don't think any insurer covers this

Happy to be corrected but I don't think any insurer covers this
Oh I see now .. they are saying essentially if circumstances change before you step on the plane then you need to cancel as they won't cover you ... 4th time reading I got it! Thanks mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back