Travel Insurance Direct Discount Offer | Page 8 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Travel Insurance Direct Discount Offer

amaroo

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Flights
My Map
I'll be using the ANZ Insurance for a trip later this year. Reads more than fine to me and we meet or the eligibility criteria (+ I have kept the credit card statements that show the money spent to qualify).
Between SWMBO and myself we have a plethora of CC insurance coverage.......for some reason I've never been comfortable relying on them for OS trips.

legroom

Established Member
I'll be using the ANZ Insurance for a trip later this year. Reads more than fine to me and we meet or the eligibility criteria (+ I have kept the credit card statements that show the money spent to qualify).
I used to rely on CC for insurance but with more redemption flights I need to have non-CC cover where TID comes in.

Bought an annual policy so I start to ignore the CC-covered trips too.

Major

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
I need to renew my annual policy in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any current discount codes ?

QF029

AFF Supporter
I need to renew my annual policy in the next couple of weeks. Does anyone have any current discount codes ?
Try Spring14 for 10%.

Edit: You could also try TIDFAF. I'm not sure how much discount that provides.

Last edited:

trippin_the_rift

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Try Spring14 for 10%.

Edit: You could also try TIDFAF. I'm not sure how much discount that provides.
TIDFAF is 5%.

Spring14 looks like a winner knocking 30 bucks off, then with $0 excess brings it back up to standard rate.

kpc

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
For those that use Travel Insurance Direct, current code for 10% off, including Annual policy, is: tideaster Valid til 25th March. Just bought +1s annual travel policy. Note for the annual travel policy, the start date has to be within 1 month from purchase date

lovetravellingoz

AFF Supporter
the start date has to be within 1 month from purchase date

Which means that one is not covered for cancellation for anything booked in advance of that. So people should be aware of that and try and defere any major expense till after their policy is active if going this route.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
TID01AU - Travel Insurance Direct is celebrating Australia Day with a 12% off deal. Add Cashrewards for 4.2% cash back. (comps OzBargain) It may be for 48 hours only.

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
TID limits leisure trips to 38 days (I only looked at the annual). If you are injured/delayed on say day 38, does the cover run out then or what? I leave the US at the 38 day mark ex LAX very late. :(

TID has an offer on. See below comps of OzB.

Could a mod plse amalgamate the 2 very similar threads on TID?

15% off code.
Fine print -
*15% discount offer valid until 11.59pm AEDT 28 March 2018
15% off Travel Insurance @ TID (Travel Insurance Direct)

get me outta here

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Are there any current TID discounts about? Looking for an annual policy. There was a slightly dodgy 35% off on OzB recently. But, I missed it anyway. Some got it.

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ac124