The Credit Card saga continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidM

I am looking for a Visa/Mastercard card that offers 1QFF point per $1 spent with no annual/monthly capping.
At present I have an AMEX Platinum Charge Card but still require a Visa card as not all merchants will accept AMEX. I also have a Citibank Platinum Visa but that is capped at 120000 points pa. Unfortunately my wife's spending habits have blown the cap and I have just lost 30,000 points and still 2-3 months shy of the anniversary.
I suppose one alternative is to have several Gold cards but they all seem to have a monthly/annual cap and few offer $1:1 QFF point. The other alternative is to remove said credit card from wife's purse but I suspect this will cost me considerably more.
I would appreciate any assistance the forum may be able to offer.

DavidM said:
The other alternative is to remove said credit card from wife's purse but I suspect this will cost me considerably more.
I would appreciate any assistance the forum may be able to offer.
One could always remove said wife, though that could also be very expensive :!: :oops: :mrgreen:

It all depends on what 30K QFF points is worth to you ...

Why not get a second card and spread the load.

straitman said:
One could always remove said wife, though that could also be very expensive :!: :oops: :mrgreen:

Tried that... would have been better to have left her with the card...:p :shock: :D

DavidM said:
I am looking for a Visa/Mastercard card that offers 1QFF point per $1 spent with no annual/monthly capping.

This product does not exist in the market at this point in time. You will need to choose from one of the other alternatives.

Thanks for your help, it is much appreciated. I will keep you posted should I find anything new. I suspect I will keep the status quo at home with wife and spending habits, although she did have her credit card stolen once. I didn't report it as the person who stole it was actually spending less and with the points I gained I actually came out in front...

oz_mark said:
This product does not exist in the market at this point in time. You will need to choose from one of the other alternatives.

Actually, St George's Private Bank Platinum Card does offer unlimited points. and 1/1 transfer to QF.

PaulZ said:
Actually, St George's Private Bank Platinum Card does offer unlimited points. and 1/1 transfer to QF.

Ok. I stand corrected. There is no publically available card that offers those features.

oz_mark said:
Ok. I stand corrected. There is no publically available card that offers those features.

Right you are!

However, I would imagine a few members of this forum are owners of their own businesses? If they have a good relationship with their business banking manager at St George Bank or Bank SA - they should try their luck and ask for one! What is the worst that could happen - "no!"??!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts

Back