Sydney Intercontinental State Suite | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Sydney Intercontinental State Suite

Rick93

Established Member
AFF Supporter
I 've just reserved The State Suite for a significant Birthday in June next year.
Used my online Ambassador Certificate ( so second night free - which will be a Saturday ).

Does anybody have anything to say about the 'State Suite experience' they have previously had ?

Anything one should do, prior to arrival on the day ?

Also … as there is only one State Suite, and one Australia Suite …. what's my chance of getting upgraded from State to Australia ? ( based on the latest info. I know much has been said about 'no upgrades' to Australia …. but then others have countered that ?? )

*** After watching 'Eyes Wide Shut' again recently, I thought I might get a guy in to play the piano blind-folded ….. you know, so my guests can all dance around the sheep's head naked !!

• Haha
Reactions: GPH

Hawkeye

AFF Supporter
I can't comment on the State Suite but have been upgraded to the Australia Suite and Governor Suites previously.

I consider the upgrade "policy" changed significantly around 5 years ago, and they no longer upgrade to, or within, specialty suite categories.

I'd be more than happy for you to prove me wrong on that :)

AFF on Air Podcast

• Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can't afford travel insurance, you can't afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and wh ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fosking