So... what car do you guys drive when not flying? | Page 97 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

So... what car do you guys drive when not flying?

jb747

Flights
My Map
I have a neighbour who was a mechanic for an Australian F1 driver in his youth. He’s in his late 70s now, but has a wonderful collection of cars in his garage.

Had a look at another brand of cars yesterday. For some obscure reason, their styling seems to incorporate a pair of enlarged nostrils. They had good seats. No spare, or anywhere to put one. And they’re the only local dealer that I’ve seen who only has RRP, exclusive of all of the on road costs on their prices. So, add at least 10-20%. Cheeky.

I’ve worked out the perfect vehicle though:
Telsa 3 drive train
Golf diesel range
RRS towing ability
BMW seats
Audi panel gaps
Audi RS3 sound
Hyundai price
And a real spare tyre

Last edited:

cove

Enthusiast
With that list you could build a new Airbus A390.
Meanwhile I have acquired a Lexus 600HL as a family extra car. It came with a thimble of fuel and it took more than 75 litres of fuel to give it a range of 820 kms. I never run fuel so low just in case there is a bit of dirt in the bottom of the petrol tank.Second key was dead so Battery World fixed that little issue for $8.
Very smooth to drive so I am happy to have it.

tgh

Established Member
sigh . first world problems abound.
Every time I drive my black seated VW with it's faux spare tire… I smile…...

UpInTheAir:)

Established Member
sigh . first world problems abound.
Every time I drive my black seated VW with it's faux spare tire… I smile…...
🤢😜😂😂

Just sold our VY Commodore Wagon (it was a six cylinder.. great car but had to go 😉) and the guy who bought it was most excited about the never used alloy mag spare lol

Drakecula

Flights
My Map
Still no new car... yet. Apparently ducks are in a row, just waiting for insurance to pay Mazda and then new car will be delivered. I poked them today cause I had to call to extend the hire car again. But turns out we have to swap hire cars tomorrow morning since the one we have has to go in for maintenance.

We've got the exact same car coming to us, except in red. (I forget if I mentioned that earlier or not).

chelzmalee

Flights
My Map
Well, I took the step and quit me job for greener pastures. Or maybe it’s just grass. Anyway... gotta go buy a car after three years of driving a company one.

thinking a CX5 or a Tucson. Anyone got any experience?

DF is a mechanic, so I’m very limited to what I’m allowed to buy (if I want to keep getting free servicing 😏)

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beryl Towney