So... what car do you guys drive when not flying? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

So... what car do you guys drive when not flying?

gumpy

I'm very much a car person,

At the moment I'm with a 370z white MY09.

how about you guys?

ejb

Established Member
07 Caprice V8.

Looking at the Prado currently as looking to start going on offroad adventures.

ejb

Archphoto

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
When I'm in AU:

• a Porsche 356A (1959) - pleasure
  • Jeep Cherokee KJ (2004) - business
In BKK:

• Ford Tierra (partner's) - would *never* buy one of these - lights are woeful!!
  • any taxi that's happy to take me where I want to go - currently, Toyota, Chevrolet or Nissan are the vehicle of choice :rolleyes:
Wishing I was in AU right now - need my "real" car fix. . . . . . . :cool:

k_sheep

Established Member
AFF Supporter
1995 mazda 323 protege with the worlds' worst paint job :oops:

Looking seriously at upgrading shortly ... trying to decide what small manual to get, thinking madza 3, subaru impreza, toyota carolla or honda civic at this stage!

bjm76

2005 BA Mk II Falcon SR - black - body kit, 17" chrome wheels, etc.
Don't get to drive it much though, as I am driven to/from work in a Mercedes (48 seater) most days...

Keith009

Established Member
AFF Supporter
MY09 BMW 118i Hatch - white exterior, black interior.

Last edited:

Nigelinoz

Established Member
1998 EL Fairmont Ghia for daily driver and 2009 Hilux for carting hay and other animal feeds.

Keith009

Established Member
AFF Supporter

KateMayo

I try to walk or use public transport whenever I can (trying to offset all the carbon I use flying!).

But my car is a Subaru Impreza and I do love it (sticks to the road like my mother's porridge :)).

cove

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
It seems like a good time for you to visit the Lexus shop!

Keith009

Established Member
AFF Supporter

nlagalle

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm them proud owner of a 1974 Combi camper!! I love it!!

It's currently having an engine re-build then the body cleaned up. I've had it since 1994.

ejb

Established Member
Look at the Discovery 4 in that case, it gets good raps....
Was considering the LR but it seems to need a lot of options to bring it to the Prados level and then it is $20K more.

However I will go and have another look as this is my first 4*4 purchase and it has only come about after driving a Prado across NZ on our recent trip and the fun we had going through rivers and over rough terrain to get to some out of the way places.

Thanks.

ejb

Nigelinoz

Established Member
I'm them proud owner of a 1974 Combi camper!! I love it!!

It's currently having an engine re-build then the body cleaned up. I've had it since 1994.
I've got a 1976 version but unfortunately the engine is seized and the body is slowly rusting away,it was my late stepfathers daily driver for many years but I'm ashamed to say that since mum died last year I have let it deteriorate.
Cheers
N'oz

Reactions: GPH

Wannabee

Flights
My Map
2008 Holden VE SSV sedan which I don't drive very much as I fly to work and fly when I'm there :)

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NS Traveller