serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
>>>> ADDED 30 Sept 2010 <<<<

Background to this thread:

In a similar vein to the "Flight Availability / Upgrade Probability Help Desk" there has an increase in the posting of questions about specific seat allocation/availability on a flight. These are all valid questions and we all appreciate the efforts our members go to to provide answers.

The only drawback is that our forums can become "cluttered" with such queries. This tends to reduce the overall usability of our site.

This new consolidated thread is where you can ask questions about seating allocation/availability. Hopefully, this will reduce clutter and improve usability.

Guidelines for posting in this thread:

Please post questions about availability of specific seats in this new consolidated thread. Be sure to include the airline, flight number, Origin, Destination, date and cabin as applicable.

When answering questions, please include the original question. This will assist in readability and management of the thread.

>>>> END OF UPDATE <<<<

Last edited by a moderator:

twiningb

Is ExpertFlyer reliable for occupied vs blocked on SQ 359s (original long-haul config) in the J bulkhead rows 11 and 19?

Looks like all are "occupied" but I am hoping some are blocked and might open for my upcoming overnight sector SIN-MXP. I'm about 186cm tall and would sleep better in a bulkhead.

OATEK

Established Member
Is ExpertFlyer reliable for occupied vs blocked on SQ 359s (original long-haul config) in the J bulkhead rows 11 and 19?

Looks like all are "occupied" but I am hoping some are blocked and might open for my upcoming overnight sector SIN-MXP. I'm about 186cm tall and would sleep better in a bulkhead.
My experience is that EF is quite reliable in terms of occupied/blocked/open in the seat maps. Of course they can change if someone cancels/transfers to another flight, but generally you need to see an X for it to be blocked.

serfty

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

I have found it Reliable; here is ExpertFlyer for another A359 SQ flight with no seats allocated in row 19:
1650243956635.png
Here is my SQ seat selection for that flight:
1650244848036.png
(Note I can select from Row 11 as my Velocity Platinum Number is in the booking)

twiningb

I'm pleased to report that as of a couple of days ago, one of the bulkhead seats on my flight started showing as blocked rather than occupied. The phone agent couldn't assign it to me when I called, but when I did online check-in just now at the 48h threshold, I was able to select it.

coyote25

Established Member
Hi everyone,

I’m hoping for some insights in seat selection on SIA J award flights I just booked on SQ208 MEL - SIN on 777-300ER for 7 hour 50 minute flight and SQ392 SIN - IST on A350 for 11 hour flight.

I have rarely travelled on SIA so this is basically a new experience in J with SIA.

Single traveller, both are night flights. Any ideas and suggestions are appreciated for seats and anything else I can do to maximise benefit of flight.

It’s been 2 years since last flight after travelling to over 70 countries so wanting a great experience.

Last time I flew on SIA I was in (award) F and you all gave me great ideas to maximise benefits including visiting The Private Room and getting a teddy bear that a niece really appreciated.

Sponsored Post

This is an example of a Sponsored Post, one of the many ways you can advertise on the Australian Frequent Flyer.

Other options include banner advertisements on our content and forum pages or our newsletter. You can also purchase an audio message on our podcast - or if you just want to try it out, you can sponsor a thread.

If you'd prefer not to see any advertisements (including these sponsored posts), you can become an AFF Supporter from just $6 and instantly remove all advertisements from our website!

MathNerd

Qantas
Bronze
Virgin
Red
Thanks. Any suggestions for SQ208 MEL - SIN on 777-300ER?
AFAIK all J seats on SQ's 777 aircrafts are the same - it's the A350 where the bulk of these seats have the angled footwell, which I believe is not an issue on the 777.

Michenny

Intern
Anyone tell me if 16A is a good seat in J on A380 Syd-Sin with SIA. Even better suggest other good seats. all bulkhead seats taken already

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Recent Posts