Rydges PriorityGuest

Discussion in 'Other Hotel Loyalty Programs' started by Mal, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    #1 Mal, Jul 31, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
    Rydges Hotels&Resorts (Rydges Hotels & Resorts Australia New Zealand Worldwide) have just started a loyalty program. Some of the benefits:

You seem to earn 10points per night (booked through their website) and need 150 points to earn a free night.

Once you reach 10 stays or 25 nights over the calendar year, you get upgraded to Platinum PriorityGuest

Terms & Conditions are here:
    https://www.rydges.com/priorityGuest/rpgAbout-Terms.asp

Member's brochure is here:
    https://www.rydges.com/images/rpg/Rydges_Priority_Guest_brochure.pdf

They have an interesting range of partners (you get discounts at the partners by virtue of your membership it appears and points towards gift vouchers I believe) that includes LuggageDirect (5% off)

2. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Interesting, thanks for pointing this out They used to have a 'behind the scenes' program that provided benefits to frequent stayers, although this seems somewhat different. Reading the T and C, it is interesting that you can still get FF points as well.

I went through a phase of staying at Rydges,but its been a while now.

3. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    Interesting...From what I have just read, you can just join up and be a regular member...Apart from the benefits already mentioned, I would be very interested in this benefit "A 50% discount on the full daily rate for wired in room high speed internet access". I was recently quoted NZ$30 for this at Queenstown Rydges, so a 50% discount is pretty good:)

4. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Thanks for the info Mal. Mrs LW and I were looking for a post Xmas break with Charlotte and after much research, came up with the Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra. Thanks to quickly checking AFF, I noted this thread so we signed up to Rydges PriorityGuest on the spot, then went back to confirm a 6 night stay, which saved 10% on total bill - down to $167 for first 2 nights (27/12 and 28/12) and $261 per night for 29/12 to 1/1/08).

Now I have just read where you can all collect FF points, so that would be handy to triple dip (Amex, Rydges and QFF/AA).

Has anybody stayed at Rydges Oasis Resort Caloundra? We got a One Bedroom Suite and were pleasantly surprised at how reasonable the rates where (compared with Mantra and others within 1 km radius).

5. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Collecting FF points depends on the rate, rather than being a member:

3.6 Frequent Flyer points and miles
    Any Rydges guest may earn airline points/miles on selected room rates. For the latest information as to the airlines on which points/miles may be earned see Rydges Hotels & Resorts Australia New Zealand Worldwide. Members may check at time of reservation and/or at check-in if airline points/miles can be earned on their booking. Program Members may be able to earn both Rydges Reward Points and airline points/miles on the same hotel stay. Members should check if their stay is eligible for Frequent Flyer Points at check-in. If so, they must provide their Frequent Flyer number or Frequent Flyer membership card at check-in.

6. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    oz_mark, just sending them an email now to clarify if their own website rates mean I can earn FF points - I can't find anywhere in their web pages about it.

7. SeaWolf

SeaWolf Active Member

Jan 24, 2007
    Sydney
    I'm not really familiar with the hotel loyalty schemes, but it seems pretty good to me to be able to get a 10% discount just for signing up for a program that's free. I wish the airlines would do that! :p

8. markis10

markis10 Veteran Member

Nov 25, 2004
    BNE & SYD
    Lindsay, stayed there last year, booked a spa room (1 bedroom), was rung by the hotel to confirm we were arriving that night and on arrival was "upgraded" to a one bedroom room. Unfortunately the sunset wing and villas were a nice example of 70's technology and styling compared to the boomerang wing and we in fact received a downgrade, that coupled with the parking not being secure and a large amount of teenagers having parties in their rooms made for a long night. Checked to see if we could get our spa room back, no chance, funnly none available!

Next morning we had breakfast, unfortunately not being there at 6AM meant we had to settle for an outdoor table which was the majority option and the flys enjoyed the breakfast more than we did. We are not going back no matter how cheap the rooms are, not in a hurry to re-live the 70's I am afraid. Should have checked trip advisor before we went!

9. smithym

smithym Intern

Jun 3, 2006
    OOL
    Hi Lindsay. Those prices are great for that time of year. We stayed there about 18 months ago and it was great for the price. The rooms are a bit dated but other than that they were fine. The pool is prob the best thing about the resort and if your 7month old loves the water like mini smithym1 & mini smithym2 does you will have a great time. The Deck restraunt was also fine for breaky but most nights we strolled into town, which is about a 15 minute walk with pram, for a few more options.

Enjoy

10. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Thanks for the feedback, smithym adn mark_oz. Appreciate the time spent in the replies.

Yes, Charlotte loves the water as she has been in swimming training (every Saturday morning) since she was 12 weeks old. She went to CNS with us but didn't get a lot of swimming done (weather), so Mrs LW and I were both happy about the view of the pool from the wensite (and the proximity to beach).

Your info correlates to our thoughts about eating - we have Entertainment Book so have 25% off meals at about 6 local restaurants (including The Deck), so it looks like we might try there on the first night and then head out (most on Bulcock Street). Breakfast at the hotel probably once or twice, but as we'll do morning and night walks we might also check out the breakfasts at these places. Cost on the website wasn't off-putting but I think we'll get better value along Bulcock Street.

Loking forward to taking Charlotte to Coolum one day for a swim, where I did my Bronze Medallion for Lifesaving and was a member of the Coolum SLSC for a while. Old habits die hard :mrgreen:

11. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Normally on the Rydges website, FF point enabled rates are marked with this graphic [​IMG] . These normally are just the rack rates, but can sometimes include other rates.

I presume the 10% off an eligible rate wouldn't block it from earning points.

12. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Thanks Mal, I don't remember seeing that icon last night. But after looking at a dummy booking today, I see it. Not sure whether they'd want to give away FF points as well as PriorityGuest points on a rate (PriorityGuest Rate) that's 50 to 60% off Rack Rate. Still, we'll find out when they answer my email and/or when I front Reception and ask in 7 weeks time.

13. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I emailed PriorityGuest with the following questions yesterday:

Got a response today from the FOM of Rydges Caloundra:

Further clarification on point 2 had been received from PriorityGuest yesterday:

14. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Exclusive online member offer - $100 credit[FONT=verdana, arial]

[FONT=verdana, arial]As a Rydges PriorityGUEST member, when you stay 2 consecutive nights or more at any Rydges Hotel or Resort from 15th December 2007 to 31st January 2008 you will get a $100 credit automatically placed on your account.

You can splash out during your stay by spending your $100 credit on breakfast, room service, dining, car parking, movies and more.

With rates starting from just $105 per night now is the time to book your summer getaway.
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=verdana, arial][FONT=verdana, arial]
    [FONT=verdana, arial][​IMG]Book this exclusive member offer online now[/FONT]

[/FONT]
    [/FONT]

15. nlagalle

nlagalle Senior Member

May 24, 2007
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I just came back from a week in Cairns where I stayed at the Rydges Esplanade. I decided to join up and take advantage of the cheaper drinks, only to realize when i checked out the company paid the entire tab! 20% off drinks/food isn't too bad. Bit of a pain that you can only book online, Where I work it all gets booked through a travel person via a travel company.

The 2pm checkout was quite good too!

16. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    A quick one - what are peoples experiences at getting the points? I've had one stay, and while the stay appeared in my history, still no points as yet.

17. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Are you talking about Qantas FF points? Don't know as I never stay at rates that are eligible.

PriorityGuest points seem to turn up pretty quickly after the stay.

18. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    No, I am talking about PriorityGuest points.

(In my experience only Hilton reliably post to QFF)

The stay itself took 14 days to turn up in my stay history. I then put a claim in for missing points, which they said had been added but might take 7-10 days further(!) to appear in my points. Still not there. I guess they will eventually turn up, but was wondering what others had experienced.

19. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Our 6 night stay at Caloundra in December/January took about 2-3 weeks to post. Don't bother staying there unless there is nothing else available. Even Mrs LW has less than salutory things to say about this property (old, tired, corroded items due to salt spray - suppose it didn't help that we were kept indoors a lot of our stay).

Our 2 night stay at Rotorua earlier this month turned up a week after we arrived back (10 days after stay completed). Fantastic hotel (I'd stayed there a couple of years ago and Mrs LW was so impressed by room we were given that we extended our 1 night stay to 2 nights).

20. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    The stay was at Rydges Rotorua. They didn't give me an over special room - it was certainlly large though.