QP Drinks tastings in Oct, Nov, Dec

Status
Not open for further replies.

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Posts
14,426
Hi all
I was on a flight at the end of September and read in the magazine that there were special drinks tastings in the QP in Oct, Nov, Dec. Does anyone recall the drinks/timings? I think it was DOm Perignon in December but just couldnt remember the others.
Any info would be great thanks :)
S
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Posts
45,054
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Normally these are in the International F lounges at SYD and MEL. Certainly SYD has something going on mosts afternoon around 2-4 before the major European flights get underway.
Lounge Tastings

Platinum members and First Customers visiting the Sydney Interim First Lounge until September 30, 2006 can be amongst the first to taste Veuve Clicquot Rosé. This new Champagne from Veuve Clicquot is a rosé version of the famous Brut Yellow Label, and combines excellence and daring.
.. that's finished and I am yet to receive October information.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Posts
14,426
Hmm - thanks - I could swear I saw it being in the J lounge - maybe I had a few too many tastings of the bubbles before I flew ;)
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Posts
16,877
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
simongr said:
Hmm - thanks - I could swear I saw it being in the J lounge - maybe I had a few too many tastings of the bubbles before I flew ;)
Visitors to the business class lounge can enjoy tasting the 2006 release of Schweppes Tonic Water. This unique tasking experience is complementary for Qantas Club members and guests and business class passengers.
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Posts
14,426
As long as it has a good splash of Bombay Gin in it we will be fine ;)
 

Febs

Established Member
Joined
Aug 15, 2006
Posts
1,671
NM said:
Visitors to the business class lounge can enjoy tasting the 2006 release of Schweppes Tonic Water. This unique tasking experience is complementary for Qantas Club members and guests and business class passengers.

:D Love it.
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Posts
793
simongr said:
Hi all
I was on a flight at the end of September and read in the magazine that there were special drinks tastings in the QP in Oct, Nov, Dec. Does anyone recall the drinks/timings? I think it was DOm Perignon in December but just couldnt remember the others.
Any info would be great thanks :)
S
Don't quote me, but wasn't the other one of one of the month Glenlivet or Glenmorangie or something like that?
 

tuapekastar

Established Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2005
Posts
4,466
I tasted some French fizz (Moet or Veuve Clicquot, can't recall which) in the MEL J QP earlier in the year so there is certainly a precedent for this!
 

raccoon111

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 30, 2005
Posts
48
Qantas The Australian Way September 2006

Taste the good life

Qantas customers visiting our Business and First lounges at Sydney Airport and Business lounges at Melbourne and Brisbane airports are able to sample some of the world's best beverages: September, Glenmorangie; October, James Squire; November, Chandon wines; December, Dom Perignon and Moet & Chandon

:p
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Posts
14,426
Thanks - that was what I was looking for - much appreciated. Now just need to explain to mrssim why they arent having the Dom promotion when she is flying.... :rolleyes:

I wonder if the december promotion of "Dom Perignon and Moet & Chandon" might be a case of "F Lounge - Dom Perignon" and "QP - Moet" - that would be just my luck ;)
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Posts
12,388
simongr said:
I wonder if the december promotion of "Dom Perignon and Moet & Chandon" might be a case of "F Lounge - Dom Perignon" and "QP - Moet" - that would be just my luck ;)

There shouldn't be any problem with you actually tasting the champagne on offer. They tend to give out thimbles of the stuff when sampling... that is when the sampler person is actually there!
 

simongr

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Posts
14,426
So I am guessing not to expect a fridge stocked with Dom Perignon for December - darn ;)
 

BiziBB

Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Posts
185
raccoon111 and fellow QP regulars,

Were the Glenmorangie tastings a part of your 'good life', and are we talking about just one taste, or a taste in a variety of drinks, with a bartending coughtail specialist, for a very merry life?

Since reading of JW Blue being on offer in a lounge, I've looked forward to getting acquainted with it :D .

If I can remember the name of the outstanding single malt (which is a whopping 60% alcohol!) at $100/bottle, I'll look forward to that too. :D

So where could one find these? Perhaps a BA or VS lounge somewhere between SYD and LHR?

Cheers!

raccoon111 said:
Qantas The Australian Way September 2006

Taste the good life

Qantas customers visiting our Business and First lounges at Sydney Airport and Business lounges at Melbourne and Brisbane airports are able to sample some of the world's best beverages: September, Glenmorangie;...
:p
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,293
From Qantas e-news, mention of some new beverages on offer for the few months. Bluetongue could be worth a try in a few weeks.

Qantas e-news said:
Santos coffee
From October, Qantas Club members and guests in Sydney (T3)
and Melbourne domestic lounges can enjoy complimentary
barista coffee from the Santos Coffee Bar between 6am -
9.30am, Monday to Friday until mid December. This is in
addition to the self-service facilities.

Bluetongue and Moet NV
Qantas Club members and guests travelling later in the day
can enjoy the Australian premium lager Bluetongue in
International First and Business lounges and domestic Qantas
Clubs in Sydney and Melbourne terminals.

If bubbles are more your style, Moet NV French Champagne will
be served in the First lounges in Sydney, Melbourne and
Brisbane, with Chandon NV offered in the Business lounges in
Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Cairns. A Moet host
will be on hand from late October through November to share
their knowledge of champagne.
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Posts
12,388
JohnK said:
From Qantas e-news, mention of some new beverages on offer for the few months. Bluetongue could be worth a try in a few weeks.

Bluetongue is an ok beer, but nothing I'd drop Boags or Cascade for.

Their Ginger beer is an interesting drink.

I do drink BlueTongue occasionally, but do prefer the Tasmanian beers.

Of course others may have different opinions!!

::::: BLUE TONGUE BREWERY :::::
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,293
Mal said:
Bluetongue is an ok beer, but nothing I'd drop Boags or Cascade for.
You are right, we all have different opinions. Someone recommended it to me once and I thought nothing of it until I saw it mentioned in QF e-news tonight.

I notice Dan Murphy's imports Singha beer at ~$34/case. Not sure if the export quality would be the same as the local brew. Might sample a case as it still a couple of months before wheels up.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Posts
45,054
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I did try the Bluetongue in MEL FL last Thursday but decided that HP's are a better brew. Other than that the Moet went down a charm ... ;)
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Posts
44,293
serfty said:
I did try the Bluetongue in MEL FL last Thursday but decided that HP's are a better brew. Other than that the Moet went down a charm ... ;)
I have just sampled a Bluetongue in SYD T3. It is OK but the Crown Lager, yes I know overrated beer, I drank before it was much better.
 

straitman

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Posts
18,191
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Gold
JohnK said:
I have just sampled a Bluetongue in SYD T3. It is OK but the Crown Lager, yes I know overrated beer, I drank before it was much better.

To each their own:!:

Personally (shields himself from the rocks being thrown) I prefer the Carlton products to the HP's etc.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Posts
45,054
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
JohnK said:
I have just sampled a Bluetongue in SYD T3. It is OK but the Crown Lager, yes I know overrated beer, I drank before it was much better.
Fully agree; in fact my impression was that most mainstream Oz beers would taste better.

BTW, I only tried Bluetounge in the interests of research etc. ;) :p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Staff online

  • NM
    Enthusiast
Top