QFF statements - go paperless

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Apr 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    No doubt you have (or will soon) receive an email about signing up for paperless statements.

I am sure Qantas would get a much better sign-up rate if they offered points instead of $2 to landcare!

2. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    My thoughts exactly when I read the e-mail.

Didn't they offer 500 points in the past? They would need to offer more for me to switch.

3. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    From memory, yes they offered 500 points.

I signed up, got the points, and then switched back to paper statements.

4. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I think that I spend enough with Qantas that they can afford to send me a paper statement rather than getting a plain text email

Dave

5. danielh

danielh Member

Dec 5, 2003
    They also had a competition where if you changed you would get a chance to win an IBM T41.

Regards
    Daniel

6. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    . . .and disturbingly, I failed to win this. Never mind, I am back to paper too

7. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    They advertised this Landcare thing last year as well. Perhaps they are softening FF's up for a possible paper statement fee.

... looking sidways for Qantas Lurkers. :shock: :shock:

8. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    Hmm, I haven't been paper-based since the offer....not that I'm missing them (simply increase the size taken up in my filing cabinet).

I wonder if I can switch back just to take up the offer again for 500 points :wink: ...

9. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Most services charge for a paper statement so I guess it could well be the direction QF takes.

10. Alan in CBR

Alan in CBR Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Canberra ACT
    It doesn't have to be plain text.

There's an option in the "Profile" section of your on-line frequent flyer account to specify HTML or plain text format.

11. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    can i ask what the attachment is, for some, of getting a paper statement?

12. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    For me to have a hard copy, archive, in black and white and other pretty colours tracing my achievements in the QFF program over time.

That sensation is lost in an email, unless of course you keep all your old emails or print them which then defeats the purpose anyway.

13. aus_flyer

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I'm not too concerned about the actual statement being paper, but I do prefer a paper copy of the newsletter.

14. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I don't open HTML emails, only read plain text. If it came as HTML, I would be reading the source

Dave

15. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I am hanging out for a better offer. 500 points was not enough and I think they can offer more incentive to change 8) .

16. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I took the 500 point bribe to go paperless a year or three ago and recorded my QF travel in a spreadsheet. This was stored on a networked drive that was backed up every evening.

One day this Network drive became corrupted someway; it was not noticed and the corrupted disk was backed up for several weeks. When the problem was finally noticed, my spreadsheet was gone. :(

So I am back to paper statements.

In reality, if QF did something like AA and emailed statements every month, rather than one having to remember to print out activity on a regular basis, I may be interested in discontinuing mailed hardcopy.