QFF domestic point requirements : why difference? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

QFF domestic point requirements : why difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Just booked a BNE/MEL/BNE trip and just gone into the website to see what availabilty for J upgrades.

I'm bemused by the screen:

Friday 10 Feb 06 BNE to MEL Upgrade to: Business Points: 12,000
Wednesday 15 Feb 06 MEL to BNE Upgrade to: Business Points: 7,500

Why is there the difference?? Whilst I know there's a 20% discount currently for award seats, I didn't think it relates to Y > U upgrades...

Of course, I'll happily accept...more points remain in my pocket.

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Of course, once I thought about it for a minute, I just answered my own question...one way is S class, the other K class :roll: . Now who's padding their post count :shock: .

I think I'll just hide in the corner and hope nobody reads this thread :oops: ...

Damien

Dave Noble said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
I think I'll just hide in the corner and hope nobody reads this thread :oops: ...
Too late :p
Yep. Lindsay "post count padder" Wilson is at it again. Let's hope flyer4703 doesn't see this thread after what you just said. :D

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Lindsay Wilson said:
Not if we keep bumping the thread to the top of the table :D .

Now, which treasurer was it that said the state of the domestic economy should not be discounted?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
Lindsay Wilson said:
Of course, once I thought about it for a minute, I just answered my own question...one way is S class, the other K class :roll: . Now who's padding their post count :shock: .

Hmmm. Let's keep this thread at the top of the pile for a while longer in case some people have not read it yet. :wink:

flyer4703

An interesting thread.......guess it's better to be accused of being a thread padder by an expert than just anyone :D :D

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Expert....me :shock: No, flyer4703, I think you have me confused with Dave Noble or NM. Believe me when I say that I am a mere amateur when it comes to those two (knowing them as well as I do).

I knew as soon as I'd worked out the answer to my own questions, that this topic would head south :cry: ...but I have to take whatever I got dished out from the regulars here, it'll build character :?

Is that the best that all of you have got?? Hell, I had better thrown at me in my school years...

BlacKnox

Lindsay Wilson said:
Is that the best that all of you have got?? Hell, I had better thrown at me in my school years...
Um, ok, well then I'll give it a shot :oops: .

Hey Lindsay Wilson - you post padding pig poking peanut probing putz :!: Stop clogging this board with your nonsensical superfluous ramblings. You know they say that post padders have small equipment, and like bra padders attempt to hide their short-comings with fluff.

Be warned. From Flyertalk guidelines and rules:

Examples of Actions That Will Lead to Disciplinary Action

* Deliberately misquoting other members
* Using more than one FT account to mislead posters
* Using FlyerTalk for commercial purposes
* Posting private emails and messages without the author's permission
* Attempting to defraud any member
* Discussing specific moderator actions
* Personal attacks or threats on other members or groups
* Obscene or offensive language/material
* Furthering illegal activity
* Invasion of another's privacy
* Posting copyrighted material
* Padding post counts
* Post stalking
* Repeated posting of disruptive posts
* Abuse of private messaging and emails obtained through Flyertalk

AFF Admin has been notified :!:

PS: :twisted: :D

straitman

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Nothing else to say really :!:

Just keeping this at the top 8) :roll:

cpl

Intern
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
Of course we don't even think about doing such mean things 8)

Kiwi Flyer

Lindsay Wilson said:

Never mind we all have an off day. For you it seems to be rarer than myself.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Lindsay Wilson said:

Never mind we all have an off day. For you it seems to be rarer than myself.
C'mon guys; 'tis over three hours since the last bump :p . Can't let Lindsay rest on his padding. :D

BTW; he had me confused initially as well; I don't believe I have travelled on a whY Flexi Fare in the last 3 years :!: That put it a bit out of my experience.

Alan in CBR

Lindsay Wilson said:
Of course, once I thought about it for a minute, I just answered my own question...one way is S class, the other K class
Well, see, the thread's not been a total waste. I didn't know that there were different upgrade points requirements for different fare levels.

So, your post-count is padded, and I've learnt something. Win-win as far as I'm concerned!

NM

Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
cpl said:
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
And I would never do such a thing to someone was helpful and polite and Lindsay :D .

Kiwi Flyer

NM said:
cpl said:
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
And I would never do such a thing to someone was helpful and polite and Lindsay :D .
Of course not. That would just be rude.

sully

All you people are really pathetic. Everyone who has contributed to this thread is guilty of padding as well...............................oh.

QF WP

Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Well, I'm :D to see some good has come from my inept posting :roll: ... (I'd have to classify this as member education now :wink:).

Yes, I'm fallible. Thanks for the laughs everybody (interesting to see all those senior members posting here :wink:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York – a feat it aims to ach ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Veronnica