Qantas Travel Pass?

aus_flyer

Established Member
Has anyone used a TravelPass with DSC yet? How long did it take for the DSC to be credited?
I have done 4 flights booked with different TravelPass DSC offers but have not yet got the DSC credited (2 and 3 weeks ago). It says up to 6 weeks though, but was wondering if there is any experience here?
I'll also be interested to know... if someone pays taxes on a Classic Reward ticket using a TravelPass, do Points Club members earn DSC?

aus_flyer

Established Member
Has anyone used a TravelPass with DSC yet? How long did it take for the DSC to be credited?
I have done 4 flights booked with different TravelPass DSC offers but have not yet got the DSC credited (2 and 3 weeks ago). It says up to 6 weeks though, but was wondering if there is any experience here?
Any other experiences?

patrickw

Update: got my DSC for flights in mid Feb today, using the DSC TravelPass to book the flights. 4 weeks after the first trip and 3 weeks after the 2nd trip
Thanks for sharing Chris, can you clarify how you booked and paid for your flights?

Assuming here you used a single DSC TravelPass for two separate bookings? If so, great to see having DSC on tap!

Hercules1

Hi,
I have had two flight credits converted to travel passes automatically. They are on my FF account under bookings and were emailed to me. I have never received any correspondence from QANTAS before this. Its possible I wasn't the original booker as my partner may have been. Can I use these travel passes? When I go to check balance I cant work out how to login to travel pass etc. Any help appreciated.Do I just use them as a form of payment when booking a trip?

Last edited by a moderator:

33kft

Established Member
Its possible I wasn't the original booker as my partner may have been.
Are you an admin of a Qantas Business Rewards account that the flights may have been linked to via ABN? QF sent this out a few days ago:

Hi 33kft,​
To provide our customers with more flexibility, we'll be transferring eligible flight credits to Qantas Passes. The Qantas Pass provides greater flexibility and more ways to use stored value with Qantas to pay for flights, additional baggage, seat selections and more.

There are one or more Qantas Flight Credits associated with your business that will be transferred and which you can view in your Qantas Business Rewards account.

We've included key information on Qantas Pass as it relates to your business, and you can learn more in our Qantas Pass Frequently Asked Questions guide.​

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
When I go to check balance I cant work out how to login to travel pass etc.
There should be a "redeem" button if the flight credit is listed among your bookings which, if you click it, should show you the balance. Edit: Sorry that is the drill for flight credits. For travel passes converted to "Qantas Passes" they should have sent you an email with a "card no" and password (!!!!!) which you use to log in at this interface. Our experience is that the emails don't always appear to get sent.

How is the UK thing going to work for people having to transit in the eastern states from Adelaide then say through Doha? So flight length of 30 hours but have to allow 24 hours to get result before departing first flight? No time in Doha or eastern states to get rapid one!
Some things might have become mission impossible now :( . I had to organise my booking to ensure I had the test and result within the time window. If you need to rebook hopefully the airline will accommodate you.

Edit: Just looked at what I have on these "Qantas passes" and it looks like a shambles. Mrs Pineapple has three of these which she doesn't recall asking for, in the case of the first she was emailed the number and password, for the second I was emailed the number and password, and for the third (the one worth all the money) nothing was sent to either of us. Possibly Jack Africa from Yackandandah got the email for that one. I have tw flight credits which weren't converted to travel passes.

Strikes me as an epic security fail to be issuing emails with a "card number" and a password on them, then asking you to log into an interface with these details without even logging into your frequent flyer account.

Cheers skip

Last edited:

Pushka

Veteran Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
There should be a "redeem" button if the flight credit is listed among your bookings which, if you click it, should show you the balance

Some things might have become mission impossible now :( . I had to organise my booking to ensure I had the test and result within the time window. If you need to rebook hopefully the airline will accommodate yor.

Cheers skip
I think there is an out given that UK have said that you can still board and they will assess whether you've tried to get tested at all, or of the window is out by a few hours. DIL is a Brit as is grandson and a GP registered there and here. Likely she will find a way. Hopefully doesn't leave hubby (son) at immigration. 🤔😀

AIRwin

Qantas
Gold
Virgin
Gold
It took 6 days for the booking I made using the Travel Pass to reflect on the activity statement, even though the portal has already been displaying the updated balance...

Possibly the best subscription service on the planet, designed specially by whisky lovers for whisky lovers. Join the club to grow your collection and drink great whisky.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements