Qantas Premier Everyday Mastercard no exclusion period?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes according to T&C, however the card is issued by Citibank and they are a pain to get approval for, don't be surprised if they call your employer or HR to confirm your employment details.

Yes according to T&C, however the card is issued by Citibank and they are a pain to get approval for, don't be surprised if they call your employer or HR to confirm your employment details.
Agree with the comments re Citibank, but I have to say I couldn't see any exclusion period clearly stated. I did note the following:

'Offer available for new Qantas Premier cardholders only. Up to 40,000 bonus Qantas Points offer is available to new approved Qantas Premier Everyday credit card account holders who apply by 30 June 2018. 20,000 bonus Qantas Points will be awarded each month that $2,000 or more is spent for the first two months from card approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Refunds, Chargebacks and Special Promotions do not contribute to the spend threshold. Bonus Qantas Points will ordinarily be credited within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. Offer may be extended or withdrawn at any time.'

@glasszon where did you see the exclusion period stated?

I recall when I wanted to transfer from the fee free Platinum to their Signature card a few years back, it was said that Citi imposed a 6-month moratorium (or was it 9?) after each successful application. I'd be interested whether such a policy still exists or if it would come into play in this case.

Agree with the comments re Citibank, but I have to say I couldn't see any exclusion period clearly stated. I did note the following:

'Offer available for new Qantas Premier cardholders only. Up to 40,000 bonus Qantas Points offer is available to new approved Qantas Premier Everyday credit card account holders who apply by 30 June 2018. 20,000 bonus Qantas Points will be awarded each month that $2,000 or more is spent for the first two months from card approval. Cash Advances, Balance Transfers, Refunds, Chargebacks and Special Promotions do not contribute to the spend threshold. Bonus Qantas Points will ordinarily be credited within 6 - 8 weeks of meeting the spend criteria. Offer may be extended or withdrawn at any time.'

@glasszon where did you see the exclusion period stated?

That's the same T&C I saw, given they don't specify a period then I thought the ordinary meaning would apply which means there's no exclusion period, new simply means you are not currently a cardholder.

Or you think it's too ambiguous and could be argued either way?

That's the same T&C I saw, given they don't specify a period then I thought the ordinary meaning would apply which means there's no exclusion period, new simply means you are not currently a cardholder.

Or you think it's too ambiguous and could be argued either way?
I think there's no exclusion period. Which, given how common it is elsewhere, seems strange.

Saw this via Finder.com - looked like a good deal at 40k points for no cost, with a few extra perks. Hopefully my Virgin Money card (also with Citi) wont cause any issues.....

When I called to cancel the black card they advised I wouldn't be eligible to apply for another 6 months, my application would be declined. I said that was odd as my card / account was in good order and she agreed. I applied for the everyday card the day after cancelling the black and it was declined (no hit to my credit report).
So sounds like they are getting around their lack of exclusion wording by rejecting applications within 6 months of prior cancellation?

Just noticed that this offer has been extended until end of September.

With this Register on Qantas Website for an Additional 10,000 Points, you would now get 50,000 Qantas points for $0 :)

Anyone have any experience with this card? Do they pay out points quickly? Anything else to watch for, like applications not tracking your Qantas FF number (Like with Westpac recently)?

Just noticed that this offer has been extended until end of September.

With this Register on Qantas Website for an Additional 10,000 Points, you would now get 50,000 Qantas points for $0 :)

Anyone have any experience with this card? Do they pay out points quickly? Anything else to watch for, like applications not tracking your Qantas FF number (Like with Westpac recently)?

Can't comment on the card (as it's Citibank issued), but make sure you are aware of the following for the bonus 10,000 points offer you referred to:

'Register before 19 August 2018'

I haven't read the latest T&Cs but I did this last year - I got the card initially with 60,000 QF Points and a staff fee waiver, closed it after I got those points, then applied for a new card within weeks when I saw there was an even better 80,000 QF Points offer with a reduced fee of $149. There was no exclusion period and I got both lots of points.

Applied last Thursday night. SMS confirmation of success received yesterday. Waiting on card. No drama so far :)

Just applied a few days after the 6 month mark since closing my last card.

Didn’t hear anything back for a few days so checked the application status and saw it was rejected. Haven’t applied any cards for over 2 months so was a bit surprised.

Just applied a few days after the 6 month mark since closing my last card.

Didn’t hear anything back for a few days so checked the application status and saw it was rejected. Haven’t applied any cards for over 2 months so was a bit surprised.

That’s no good. Your first rejection?

First rejection in a year plus, only one for a card with a min limit this low.

I’ll try to give them a call some time to see what happened and post back.

Just applied for and was accepted for a Bankwest Zero Platinum card (to replace my 28D), so I suspect it was just Citibank. I currently hold one of their fee free for life signature cards and have done so for >10 years.

Just got my first statement one week after receiving my card. The first 20,000 bonus points were included as I had already spent the required $2000.

No reason given when I called. They just gave a generic blurb. I do see they did a credit check even though i have a citi fee free for life card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back