Qantas FF announcement 20 June - "biggest overhaul" in program history | Page 58 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas FF announcement 20 June - "biggest overhaul" in program history

mviy

Established Member
November apart from perhaps Thanksgiving time would be one if the quieter months for travel to the US, I think.

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
November apart from perhaps Thanksgiving time would be one if the quieter months for travel to the US, I think.
... apart from all those returning home for the obligatory Thanksgiving dinner.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
i reckon it will be complimentary silver at 150K spend. Gold at 300K.

Oh wait. This isn't the 'most outrageous suggestion' thread?

• Haha
Reactions: DC3

Franky

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
... apart from all those returning home for the obligatory Thanksgiving dinner.
Indeed, I believe it is still the case that Thanksgiving is the busiest time for flying in the US due to the families catching up, similar to our Easter period.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Can't wait for 2 qantas lounge vouchers arriving for every 300k qantas points spent on my credit card!
I actually think you're close to the money. It wouldn't be feasible for QF to allow any extra benefits that can be attained just from one card sign up.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
It wouldn't be feasible for QF to allow any extra benefits that can be attained just from one card sign up.
Dunno? In one sense money is money, whether it's paid by the bank for a sign-up, or through multiple smaller amounts.

However... they could make it 150K points a year with a minimum monthly accrual of 10K.

exceladdict

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Dunno? In one sense money is money, whether it's paid by the bank for a sign-up, or through multiple smaller amounts.

However... they could make it 150K points a year with a minimum monthly accrual of 10K.
I feel like a monthly amount is more likely. From a business perspective, would be the point of points club? I imagine predominately 1) keep people spending with QF partners, generating QF $$$ by selling points; 2) (to a lesser degree) funnel SMBs to travel on QF instead of BFOD - possibly a discounted QC club membership or gold status for a certain monthly rate; 3) make people think they have more/better opportunities to redeem than on virgin - perhaps an ongoing 15% off at the qantas store, one guaranteed economy redemption per year for two pax, etc.

oh and of course 4) generate headlines

QF WP

Enthusiast
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I think that QF Execs have been sitting back, thinking what an excellent job they have done and stringing out the flying spending public. VA woes play into their hand. They won't want to give too much away for CC spend, lest it water down the benefits of actually flying :eek:. Still, those people that think that 2 QC vouchers are the ducks nuts, well...they're welcome to them.

MEL_Traveller

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
I feel like a monthly amount is more likely. From a business perspective, would be the point of points club? I imagine predominately 1) keep people spending with QF partners, generating QF $$$ by selling points;
They could also introduce a minimum number of partners in order to achieve status - four squiggles, so not just one or two credit cards, but must also have insurance, wine, supermarket, or phone etc to make up at least four.

esseeeayeenn

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
They won't want to give too much away for CC spend, lest it water down the benefits of actually flying :eek:.
Something about gates, horses and bolting.
I fly enough to be platinum (on top of a large number of flights which don't earn) and I still earn more points by spending money than I do by flying.

ozflier

AFF Supporter
I actually think you're close to the money. It wouldn't be feasible for QF to allow any extra benefits that can be attained just from one card sign up.
Money is money for Qantas execs.
Why would they care how the points were earned - as long as they were paid for?

AFF on Air Podcast

• Married Segments & More – AIR024
    Sat, 16 Nov 2019 04:32:20 AEDT
      Airlines seem to love married segments, but for frequent flyers and travel agents they can be extremely frustrating. Sometimes you'll find an award seat on a flight you w ...
  • HARS (Historic Aircraft Restoration Society) – AIR023
    Sat, 02 Nov 2019 13:24:03 AEDT
      The Historic Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) boasts a collection of over 60 aircraft, including a retired Qantas 747, Super Constellation and DC-3s. John Travolta's Bo ...
  • “Hidden City” Court Case – AIR022
    Sat, 19 Oct 2019 09:30:46 AEDT
      Earlier this year, German airline Lufthansa tried to sue a passenger that exploited the loophole of hidden-city ticketing by skipping the last flight on their ticket. This ...
  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ukaussie