Qantas FF announcement 20 June - "biggest overhaul" in program history | Page 43 | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas FF announcement 20 June - "biggest overhaul" in program history

Matt_01

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum 1
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Challenge accepted which city are you departing from?
I would have replied earlier however the wifi on the VA plane is busted. Still the seat is 1A with no one in 1C.

I fly out of ADL or MEL

Last edited:

eddie 73

Right now, in mt immediate short term view, so long as the OWA RTW remains unchanged, I don’t care much... except for the extra dom Jlounge congestion.

Pushka

Enthusiast
AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map

Lots of good reading on AFF!
A précis would be nice. I currently have the attention span of a gnat. Let’s blame moving house, return from US, a first grand baby almost here, end of FY planning, a phone call from the accountant and let’s face it, getting old! And currently I don’t have a voice and have picked up a kennel cough from the holiday. That plus the Whooping cough injection I shouldn’t have had Monday when coming down with the lurgy. I’m a bit miserable right now.
@Pushka I just spoke with @JessicaTam at ADL airport, she could point you in the right direction (she's boarding her flight now). I just found out that the BAEC route probably won't suit me, as I need to take at least 1 international flight crediting it to BAEC. Most of my international flights (sparse as they are) areflying VA as I am generally with family and usign Family pooling. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: just refreshed my screen and saw her reply upthread :eek:. Ignore me
Oh I would never dare ignore you QF WP. Mostly. When it suits.

Last edited by a moderator:

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
I'm dumbfounded by the people who suggest frequent spenders should somehow be afforded some of the premium benefits of the Frequent Flyer program.
Agree with that. Frequent FLYER program.

Mattg

AFF Supporter
Qantas
Gold
Flights
My Map
Right now, in mt immediate short term view, so long as the OWA RTW remains unchanged, I don’t care much... except for the extra dom Jlounge congestion.
This is becoming more expensive on 18 September.

Is it clear when premium seat availability increases before or after 18/9?
Qantas has not said. I’m skeptical as to whether it will happen either before or after.

sxc

A précis would be nice. I currently have the attention span of a gnat. Let’s blame moving house, return from US, a first grand baby almost here, end of FY planning, a phone call from the accountant and let’s face it, getting old! And currently I don’t have a voice and have picked up a kennel cough from the holiday. That plus the Whooping cough injection I shouldn’t have had Monday when coming down with the lurgy. I’m a bit miserable right now.

Oh I would never dare ignore you WF WP. Mostly. When it suits.
You want a summary of a frequent flyer program in 1 line? Good luck with that.

Rich

Intern
Agree with that. Frequent FLYER program.
So what? They play football at the Melbourne CRICKET Ground.
QANTAS obviously know the profit they get from someone earning 150000 points on the ground. Let's say it is the same as a someone flying enough to reach silver status. They are smart to offer them something.

Scr77

AFF Supporter
I haven’t seen anything about reward release date based on status. Are NB still behind?

DC3

Established Member
AFF Supporter
Qantas
Platinum
Flights
My Map
So what? They play football at the Melbourne CRICKET Ground.
QANTAS obviously know the profit they get from someone earning 150000 points on the ground. Let's say it is the same as a someone flying enough to reach silver status. They are smart to offer them something.
Sorry, you lost me there, although I know virtually nothing about the Melbourne CRICKET ground. Other than CRICKET happens sometimes. :rolleyes:

Edit: … and football, it seems. It's just an oval with seats, etc, isn't it?

Last edited:

AFF on Air Podcast

• Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter B Simpson