Qantas club passes | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Qantas club passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack

Newbie
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
2
Hi all,
I have just been demoted from Glod to Silver because my Company has moved to Virgin :evil:
With silver you now get one lousy guest pass, and all my others which are dated have now expired as of December.
I am a member of Qantas club so I can get in, but I am takling my wife overseas in January and 1 guest card is not going to make her a happy camper :oops:
Anyone out there have 3 guest passes that I could beg or buy :?:
cheers all
 

ejh

Newbie
Joined
Feb 7, 2003
Messages
8
For overseas travel you do not ned guest passes. I have flown around the world five times and have not been asked for a guest pass yet.
 

icemann

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
268
Speaking of Qantas Club, I have a quick question...

I believe that unless you're platinum (then you can access the lounge at any time), you're only allowed to use the club when you're actually departing or on a connecting flight. Once you arrive at the destination, I take it that you can't access the lounge 'at the other end' in the arrival airport, because your flying (for that particular time anyway) has now ended.

Am I right ? (i.e. have I read the T+C's correctly ?)

I ask this, because quite often, I've wanted to take a shower at the other end, make some phone calls and do some work in the QC lounge BEFORE the meeting, but I believe that you can't use the lounge at the other end unless you're joining another flight.
 

HardieBoys

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
411
In some circumstances, it would be difficult to enter the club on arrival, due to streaming of passengers. I'd call the desk to find out whether re-entry is possible.
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
icemann said:
Speaking of Qantas Club, I have a quick question...

I believe that unless you're platinum (then you can access the lounge at any time), you're only allowed to use the club when you're actually departing or on a connecting flight. Once you arrive at the destination, I take it that you can't access the lounge 'at the other end' in the arrival airport, because your flying (for that particular time anyway) has now ended.

Am I right ? (i.e. have I read the T+C's correctly ?)

I ask this, because quite often, I've wanted to take a shower at the other end, make some phone calls and do some work in the QC lounge BEFORE the meeting, but I believe that you can't use the lounge at the other end unless you're joining another flight.
The only lounge I have had trouble accessing on arrival was PER - every other lounge hasn't had a problem.

If the worst comes to he worst, say something like "I just got a phone call, my lift is stuck in traffic and is 30 minutes away, can I wait in here please?" and they will invariably say yes.

Dave
 

redrat

Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2003
Messages
226
Icemann, as a longtime Platinum member (5 years seems like a lifetime) I can tell you that lounge use is possible even if you are travelling another airline like vb. But the crux of it all is that you have to be travelling that day - incoming/outgoing.
It used to be that you could wander into the DOM club anyday whether you were travelling or not. I guess QF figured there were more people using the club than those that were flying and they were going through megalitres of soup :?
 

thadocta

Active Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2003
Messages
757
I got into a lounge the other day when I wasn't flying at all - depends on how you broach the question....

Dave
 

HardieBoys

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2003
Messages
411
My experience with Qantas lounges is that the staff can be quite flexible. Flew to Frankfurt in September, along with two colleagues who'd got tickets for the back of the bus. Asked staff at the First lounge in Sydney to have two guests - no problem. Ditto in Singapore.

Off the topic completely, but when I was in the First lounge in Sydney in November, Richard Branson was there, hanging out. Dining with the enemy?
 

icemann

Member
Joined
Jan 2, 2003
Messages
268
What was really ironic was that last week, I was in MEL QC lounge (4/12/03), and there was the big screen TV with SKYNEWS on it.

They were running the 'VB near miss' story on it. I almost choked on my QC rice crackers. :D
 

blackhorse

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
16
thadocta said:
icemann said:
Speaking of Qantas Club, I have a quick question...

I believe that unless you're platinum (then you can access the lounge at any time), you're only allowed to use the club when you're actually departing or on a connecting flight. Once you arrive at the destination, I take it that you can't access the lounge 'at the other end' in the arrival airport, because your flying (for that particular time anyway) has now ended.

Am I right ? (i.e. have I read the T+C's correctly ?)

I ask this, because quite often, I've wanted to take a shower at the other end, make some phone calls and do some work in the QC lounge BEFORE the meeting, but I believe that you can't use the lounge at the other end unless you're joining another flight.
The only lounge I have had trouble accessing on arrival was PER - every other lounge hasn't had a problem.

If the worst comes to he worst, say something like "I just got a phone call, my lift is stuck in traffic and is 30 minutes away, can I wait in here please?" and they will invariably say yes.

Dave
Any recent experiences in this regard ?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,824
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
cactusjack said:
Hi all,
I have just been demoted from Glod to Silver because my Company has moved to Virgin :evil:
With silver you now get one lousy guest pass, and all my others which are dated have now expired as of December.
I am a member of Qantas club so I can get in, but I am takling my wife overseas in January and 1 guest card is not going to make her a happy camper :oops:
Anyone out there have 3 guest passes that I could beg or buy :?:
cheers all
Guest Passes are no longer valid nor required. The pass you have received from being a Silver member is not a "Guest Pass", but a "Complementary Invitation".

A Qantas Club member can take in one guest any time they visit the Qantas Club lounge. No need to hand over a guest pass any more. This was changed about 18 months ago.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
15,953
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
Ah, NM, were you aware that you were replying to the OP's message that was typed in Nov 2003???
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,824
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Lindsay Wilson said:
Ah, NM, were you aware that you were replying to the OP's message that was typed in Nov 2003???
Naah. Some people like to drag up old topics, don't they. Oh well, at least my response is correct based on 2006 rules!
 

blackhorse

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2006
Messages
16
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
Ah, NM, were you aware that you were replying to the OP's message that was typed in Nov 2003???
Naah. Some people like to drag up old topics, don't they. Oh well, at least my response is correct based on 2006 rules!
Well, my question was to understand if you can use the qantas club for shower etc..on the other end if you were not flying that day...and I all did was search if this has been discussed before !!

In case is available to SG, I can consider flying those red-eye where situation demands so..

Any answers on recent experiences in using the qantas club on arrival would be appreciated..
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
AFF Supporter
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
41,422
NM said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
Ah, NM, were you aware that you were replying to the OP's message that was typed in Nov 2003???
Naah. Some people like to drag up old topics, don't they. Oh well, at least my response is correct based on 2006 rules!
Your response was quite correct NM.

Do we have an unwritten rule on AFF not to drag up old topics?

I am about to ask some questions regarding Tokyo and have noticed 2 old threads dealing with the issue. I would like to post to those old threads asking for advice rather than creating a new thread.

I don't understand why we need to create a new thread for the same topic over and over again. In the last few months there has been about 3 new threads created on SIN lounge access. I would rather read through one thread than 3 where the same things get hashed over and over again.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
15,953
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Gold
Flights
My Map
blackhorse, I can speak on behalf of Plat members and from first-hand experience: yes, we Plat members have access to the domestic QC's without having to have flights that day. We have the privilege to access QP's at any time during their opening hours (note I said privilege, not "right"). We can always be refused entry by QP management due to capacity constraints, etc.

My understanding about SG is not as clear (because I haven't had first-hand knowledge since 2002). According to the QC T&C's, SG members can only access QC's with an onward ticket or BP. That being said, there are sometimes friendly reception staff that may make one-off exceptions. A more formal alternative is to contact the QC Lounge Manager (telephone and/or email) prior to arrival and explain your situation. They can make exceptions as well.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
15,824
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
Do we have an unwritten rule on AFF not to drag up old topics?
No problem if the new question related to the original topic. But in this case the new question was not related to the original question of guest passes, which is what caught me out.

I have no problem with starting a new thread for a new question. Its a good idea to search first to see if your question has been answered before, and if it has not been answered then ask again in a new thread. Re-opening an old thread can lead to confusion.
JohnK said:
I am about to ask some questions regarding Tokyo and have noticed 2 old threads dealing with the issue. I would like to post to those old threads asking for advice rather than creating a new thread.
If you are asking a new question that is related to the old thread, then my recommendation is to start a new thread and link (and optionally quote) from the original thread.

If you are providing an update to the information in the old thread, then add to the end of that thread.

There are no firm rules for this. This is just the way that I would do it. Others may do it in a different way. Neither is right or wrong.
 

Jobu

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Messages
496
Lindsay Wilson said:
blackhorse, I can speak on behalf of Plat members and from first-hand experience: yes, we Plat members have access to the domestic QC's without having to have flights that day. We have the privilege to access QP's at any time during their opening hours (note I said privilege, not "right"). We can always be refused entry by QP management due to capacity constraints, etc.
Lindsay, if we only have carry-on luggage, can we check in in the QP?

Cheers,

JOBU
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
40,861
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Jobu said:
... Lindsay, if we only have carry-on luggage, can we check in in the QP ...
I don't think Lindsay will mind me answering this. :D

For QF domestic flights... Yes.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

  • Summer in Europe – AIR021
    Sat, 05 Oct 2019 17:28:53 AEST
      Qantas and Virgin Australia are fighting over two rare and lucrative new landing slots for Tokyo's Haneda Airport. Meanwhile, four European airlines have gone bankrupt in ...
  • Are Loyalty Programs a Scam? – AIR020
    Sat, 21 Sep 2019 08:36:18 AEST
      The ACCC recently released a damning draft report into Australian loyalty schemes, calling out practices that it says may shock consumers and putting loyalty program opera ...
  • Air Chathams – AIR019
    Sat, 07 Sep 2019 16:41:06 AEST
      With less than two weeks until the upcoming Qantas Frequent Flyer changes, now is the time to make any last-minute Classic Flight Reward bookings! In this episode, Matt ch ...
  • Project Sunrise – AIR018
    Sat, 24 Aug 2019 16:12:31 AEST
      Later this year, Qantas will decide which aircraft it will use to operate non-stop flights from the east coast of Australia to London and New York - a feat it aims to achi ...
  • Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you're new to the world of frequent flyer points - or moving to a new country - it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the consider ...

Community Statistics

Threads
83,266
Messages
1,933,549
Members
50,889
Latest member
snig38
Top