Qantas Club Menu | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Qantas Club Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahtoh

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2006
Messages
41
Change it, change it now! I'm so over it. It's been the same **** for years.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Mahtoh said:
Change it, change it now! I'm so over it. It's been the same s*it for years.
Nahh, I understand they replace it each month whether its been eaten or not :D :D .
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
NM said:
Mahtoh said:
Change it, change it now! I'm so over it. It's been the same s*it for years.
Nahh, I understand they replace it each month whether its been eaten or not :D :D .
I heard they just turned it recycled it in the cooking for the batch of food every second month. See QF is saving labour costs already.
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I heard they just turned it recycled it in the cooking for the batch of food every second month. See QF is saving labour costs already.
It gets recycled as Y cuisine :shock: .
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
NM said:
Kiwi Flyer said:
I heard they just turned it recycled it in the cooking for the batch of food every second month. See QF is saving labour costs already.
It gets recycled as Y cuisine :shock: .
Yeah that's some of the Y cuisine. Doesnt nearly get enough, so they grab some runwaykill whenever they can, and pick up some stray birds off the fuselage (you didnt think the many extrusions where for something other than to snag the birds for reuse did you?). That still doesnt get enough so they turn on some lights to attract the moths.
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,713
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
The largest waste I'll bet is the cake slices they put out and the least probably the chicken strips....I've never seen any left of most of the hot food.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
Lindsay Wilson said:
The largest waste I'll bet is the cake slices they put out and the least probably the chicken strips....I've never seen any left of most of the hot food.
I've never seen hot food left over. A lot of pax patiently circle like salivating vultures until the hot food comes out, then swoop. Empty trays within two minutes.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Damien said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
The largest waste I'll bet is the cake slices they put out and the least probably the chicken strips....I've never seen any left of most of the hot food.
I've never seen hot food left over. A lot of pax patiently circle like salivating vultures until the hot food comes out, then swoop. Empty trays within two minutes.
The QP has hot food? Cant recall ever seeing any.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
Kiwi Flyer said:
Damien said:
Lindsay Wilson said:
The largest waste I'll bet is the cake slices they put out and the least probably the chicken strips....I've never seen any left of most of the hot food.
I've never seen hot food left over. A lot of pax patiently circle like salivating vultures until the hot food comes out, then swoop. Empty trays within two minutes.
The QP has hot food? Cant recall ever seeing any.
Exactly my point. I bet you've seen people hanging around the food service area "for no particular reason" though.
 
Vinomofo is the best wine deals site on the planet. Good wines, real people and epic deals, without all the bowties and bs.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,090
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Mahtoh said:
Change it, change it now! I'm so over it. It's been the same s*it for years.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
MEL changed their hot food offerings and the cheese some months ago.

Still, not a lot of change there. SYD & BNE have not changed much at all.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
serfty said:
Mahtoh said:
Change it, change it now! I'm so over it. It's been the same s*it for years.



AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
MEL changed their hot food offerings and the cheese some months ago.

Still, not a lot of change there. SYD & BNE have not changed much at all.
I'd have thought the cheese would be the last thing need to change. What's wrong with a bit of mould?
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
Kiwi Flyer said:
I'd have thought the cheese would be the last thing need to change. What's wrong with a bit of mould?
Absolutely nothing. I find it enhances the flavour nicely. With cheese, there is no such thing as too much mould.
 

dajop

Enthusiast
Joined
Jul 1, 2002
Messages
11,147
Flights
My Map
I don't what your all whinging about the soup regularly changes!!!

Slightly OT, is this the same with other airlines?

I had my first foray into the domestic NZ lounges at AKL & WLG this week, and I must say I was pretty impressed with the fare on offer (stirfry noodles with beef, beans & lemon grass was pretty impressive, along with some delicious cherry crumbles and not too mention divine various other bits and pieces). But does anyone know if the NZ lounges are like QF, in that the same fare has been served up for the last 5 years (or more)?
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
MEL changed their hot food offerings and the cheese some months ago.
I think they shipped the cheese to BNE. Saw some growing blue bits last time I was there :D .
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Nope Koru Club food changes very frequently. Sometimes in multiple visits in the same week to the same KC we get different food.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
NM said:
Saw some growing blue bits last time I was there :D .
I really hope you are referring to the food and not parts of your anatomy :shock:
 

NM

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Aug 27, 2004
Messages
16,260
Qantas
LT Gold
Virgin
Red
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
I really hope you are referring to the food and not parts of your anatomy :shock:
These days the only things my anatomy grows are grey :cry: .
 

aus_flyer

Established Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,436
I agree, but after a few visits to AA Admirals Clubs, I realise just how lucky we are :D :p
 
S

shillard

Guest
Lindsay Wilson said:
The largest waste I'll bet is the cake slices they put out and the least probably the chicken strips....I've never seen any left of most of the hot food.

That's not chicken......
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,292
Messages
2,079,068
Members
53,689
Latest member
GILLSPILL
Top