Qantas Club at Christchurch

Discussion in 'Airport Lounges' started by kpc, Jun 25, 2007.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. kpc

kpc Senior Member

Mar 11, 2003
    Sydney
    #1 kpc, Jun 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2007
    In September, I'll be flying:
    QF4180 10:20 Queenstown 11:10 Christchurch
    QF46 14:35 Christchurch 15:55 Sydney

I note there is no QC at Queenstown:(, and according to this (Flying with Us - Qantas Club - Lounge Locations - New Zealand ),
    the international QC at Christchurch only opens 1.5 hours before a QF departure:evil:. Is this right? any one have recent experience?

I note from the same site above that the domestic QC is opened from 0530 to last QF departure. Do you think I could access this lounge with my QF gold status and QF J (international) BP, until the international QC opens??

thanks

2. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I recall walking past the CHC Intl QP and it being closed around lunch (ie well before my flight. Possibly the same flight as yours).

I can't see why you can't try and access the domestic lounge and explain your situation. The dragons tend to be ok if they understand what is going on.

3. chrisb

chrisb Active Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Perth
    I've found the CHC Domestic QP staff very helpful and I think you're entitled to access so it shouldn't be an issue.

If you're going to be that early, why not pop over to the Antarctic Centre? It's only 5-10min walk away. :)

Chrisb.

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    You should have no problem with using the Domestic QP prior to the international one whatsoever. :cool:

I have done this at both AKL and WLG; but only flown domestically out of CHC. Don't be surprised to see the same staff in both ... :)