Qantas Club access

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by MetroAir, Mar 31, 2006.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Anyone travelling out of BNE domestic on the 9 April around 12.30 and 19 April around 09.30 that would be willing to invite me into the QP as their guest?

I have QP membership but am flying down to Armidale on Sushine Express and fear that I will be met with the 'computer says noooo' response if I try to get in (I am still going to try however).

Anyhow, if anyone is willing - please PM me.

Cheers

2. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
  3. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Thanks Lindsay, no matching dates thus far!

4. newflyer

newflyer Intern

Sep 19, 2005
    The 'Berra (ACT)
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    G'day MetroAir,

I am planning to fly out of Brissie on Wednesday morning on the 0835 flight to Cbr. If that suits, I would be more than happy to get you in.

I have PM'd you with more details.

Newflyer

5. bigjobs

bigjobs Active Member

Jun 4, 2005
    G'day MetroAir,

I will not be there, I have it on good info though that Daffyd, the only gay in the village will be there. I am sure he will let you in and shout you a Bacardi and Coke.

6. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    bigjobs,

I'm going out on 10th, but have travelled many times with Sunnies to Hervey Bay etc and always allowed in the QP.

Just show them your BP and keep walking!

7. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Thanks Groundfeeder, I was going to try that anyway but if I got rejection I was looking for a fallback plan.

Thanks newflyer, I have PM back.

Cheers

8. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    LMAO!!! :D :D :D

9. celtic_cub

celtic_cub Junior Member

Jun 3, 2005
    MMM so i pay all this money

Hey in response to the question that you cant get in to a QC if flying another airline.

I pay for my QC and have never been turned away because i am flying another airline. Sometimes in the regional areas i have to fly out on someone other than qantas but i do generally get the connect. Does that count.

I have this argument with my partener all the time, he says you have to be flying them to use the club.

I am sure if you pressed your point enough you will get in.

Whats the point of been part of a club that only open part of the time if you are paying top dollar a year to use it.

D

10. Yada Yada

Yada Yada Established Member

Dec 6, 2004
    1F
    Re: MMM so i pay all this money

Hi celtic_cub,

No. Under the QC Terms and Conditions, you must be travelling on the day to get access, unless you are a Platinum level FF. Here are some details:

More info here: http://www.qantas.com.au/info/flying/qantasClub/index

11. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    One's entry into the QC should rightly be connected to one's flying with QF or an affiliated airline, unless one is a Plat. I agree that for premium pax, QF relax that rule. We all know that boarding calls may not be made for these flights.

Now, a final point, are you a Celtic fan?? If so, then we're definitely going to get on well :wink: :eek: :D

12. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    Re: MMM so i pay all this money

Have you met some of the lounge dragons?

13. Groundfeeder

Groundfeeder Active Member

Nov 3, 2005
    Brisbane
    Yada Yada

I wonder why then QF lists Sunnies flights on their website along with all other QF routes/timetables, if they're too miserable to let a QC member enter in this instance?

14. celtic_cub

celtic_cub Junior Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Yep the rules do state that

But i have travelled around the globe with One world and it worked fine i used partener lounges etc got in everywhere.

Then again it was all one world, so maybe there is something in that.

I did fly virgin once and all i did was go straight through carry on and said i would get my boarding pass in the club, went to the counter flashed QC card and when straight in.

Of course i didnt got to the ticketing desk.
    :), omg, now that i have told Q will surely be placing extra securtiy.

lol

By the way a smile goes a bloody long way. Even said i would give one a big kiss if they could get me a upgrade to business from Darwin to Brisbane, and it worked. I did say i would pay with points but they waved it.

D

15. celtic_cub

celtic_cub Junior Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Yep the rules do state that

But i have travelled around the globe with One world and it worked fine i used partener lounges etc got in everywhere.

Then again it was all one world, so maybe there is something in that.

I did fly virgin once and all i did was go straight through carry on and said i would get my boarding pass in the club, went to the counter flashed QC card and when straight in.

Of course i didnt got to the ticketing desk.
    :), omg, now that i have told Q will surely be placing extra securtiy.

lol

By the way a smile goes a bloody long way. Even said i would give one a big kiss if they could get me a upgrade to business from Darwin to Brisbane, and it worked. I did say i would pay with points but they waved it.

D

16. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Re: Yep the rules do state that

A Qantas Club membership will only provide access to Qantas, American Airlines, US Airways and British Airways lounges when flying with that particular airline.

However, if you have OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald status (QF Gold or Platinum FF status), then in addition to the complementary Qantas Club membership, you also have OneWorld lounge access rights which are different to the Qantas Club lounge access rights. A OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald member can use any OneWorld lounge (does not have to be the lounge of airline you are flying with) on the same day as you take any OneWorld operated and marketed (coded) flight.

So a QF Gold member can use the FinnAir lounge when flying on an AY flight, say HEL-LHR. But a Qantas Club member who does not also hold OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald status cannot use the AY lounge in that instance.

And a Qantas Club member can use the US lounge when flying with US Airways. But an AA Platinum member (i.e. OneWorld Sapphire) member could not use the US lounge since US is not a OneWorld airline. But a QF Gold member can use the US lounge with a US flight since QF Gold status also provides comp Qantas Club membership and Qantas Club members can use US lounges when flying with US airways.

So if you use any OneWorld lounges other than QF, BA, AA and US, then I assume you also held OneWorld Sapphire or Emerald status.

17. MetroAir

MetroAir Guest

Update, well the first leg went fine, check in at the QC/J counter and straight on into the QP - no comment or bat of eyelid. They also do boarding calls for CQ in the lounge.

Now we will see how we go on the next leg next week but thanks to newflyer - I have my backup plan!! :wink:

18. bertee

bertee Guest

A brother flew to CFS the other week and was invited by a fellow pax seated next to him to join him in the QF Club at the CFS airport. on arrival when they went to find it,they were informed that there wasn't a QF Club Lounge available,only a VIP lounge that was not available to them.
    On returning a few days later he went past the lounge and saw people in there and asked the ground counter staff to get access and was rudely told that there is no way he could get in despite being a Club member.The airport is run by the local council and it is they who decides who gets entry.
    This doesn't sound right to me.Is there anyone here can shed some light on this please? Qantas CR told my brother that he should have been given access and apologised.

19. yo yo ma

yo yo ma Active Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Home Sunshine Coast / Work PNG
    Linkedin:
    According to the Qantas site, there is no lounge located at Coffs Harbour

Flying with Us - Qantas Club - Lounge Locations - Australian Domestic

20. chooms

chooms Member

Aug 5, 2006
    Brisvegas
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yep there is a lounge at Coffs Harbour - I have used it a number of times.

Two of the occaisions I was travelling with a CL member and once I got in off my own back - I am WP.