Q points / Miles

Discussion in 'American Airlines AAdvantage' started by v8Statesman, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. v8Statesman

v8Statesman Established Member

Anything special you need to do in order to earn them?

12/30/06QANTAS AIRWAYS 596 J PER BNE 1,123 281 1,404

Yet my

YTD Elite Qualifying Points:0
    YTD Elite Qualifying Miles:0
    YTD Elite Qualifying Segments:0

I have appied for the Platinum Challange. Is there anything else I need to do?

2. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    Ahh... easy one

The flight you took was last year, as such your year to date points for 2007 is zero. The appropriate qpoints will have been counted towards your challenge

Dave

3. tuapekastar

tuapekastar Established Member

Mar 16, 2005
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I suspect this is because the 'Elite Qualifying Year' runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec. So given your flight was in 2006, you have no EQMs/EQPs for this year. However, based on my own experience (I completed a challenge a year or so ago involving MEL-SIN in Dec 2005, and return in Jan 2006), this should not affect your challenge, unless some change I'm unaware of has come into play. Rules of the challenge have changed a bit in that challenges commenced in 2007 need to be on AA metal or codeshares, but this should not affect you. I think.

4. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    There are posts on this on flyertalk. DONT PANIC! The flights have posted to your account but posted after 31/12 (or 12/31). They count the flights towards your total miles (can you post that too?)but not this year's miles. Check you prior month's summary later this month to see them posted...

5. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Its a bit depressing the start of a year when balances all reset to zero. Fortunately calendar year is mainly a US-based FFP thing, so others reset at different dates throughout the year (depending on date joined the program, or date first qualified for status or ...)

6. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    That flight represents 1685 Qpoints towards your challenge. Interesting to see if further QF flights this year will count. (you'll get the Qpoints of course for normal status assessment)

7. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Providing the challenge was registered for a starting date in 2006, there is no reason the QF flights will not count.