Pre-seating - domestic flights below QF400

Discussion in 'Qantas Frequent Flyer Program' started by aus_flyer, Sep 10, 2005.

1. aus_flyer

aus_flyer Established Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Brisbane
    I know that you can't normally pre-allocate seats on Domestic flights, but what about domestic flights with a flight number under QF400.

For example, QF25 which leaves from BNE Intl to SYD Intl

???
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

2. luckydog

luckydog Member

Aug 7, 2004
    Melbourne
    Pre-alloc on flights

Yes they are pre-allocated.
    I am flying QF10 on Weds Mel to Syd and I have an allocated seat even though it is a 'domestic' booking.

3. QF WP

Jun 20, 2002
    Brisbane
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Twitter:
    Facebook:
    Linkedin:
    I concur with luckydog. As they are simply the domestic leg of an International flight, seating can be made by ringing QF Res.

For those of us lucky enough to have Plat status, the upside is access to the F lounge (rather than the normal QC). The downside is having to go through C&I and give up your BP. The trick is to detatch the stub (to ensure that if the flight doesn't post to your account, you can prove passage), as the main part of the BP will have the orange D sticker (denoting you are a domestic pax on the international flight).

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Except for Int flights ex BNE (eg QF26 to SYD) where the BP readers have this habit of keeping the stub for themselves! :x