Platinum Credit Card Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuandmel

Intern
I have just attempted to book my annual free flight on the above. No flights were available on the requested days hence I'll have to dip into my pocket. The Qantas operater that amex put me through to said that the offer was available for "O" fare class seats. I assume there is a thread out there somewhere, but what in plain language is a "O" fare and where does it sit on the scale of ecomony fares?

I think it is a red e-deal.

Both O and N class are the pits of the economy class chain.

stuandmel, could you let us know what date you were planning to fly, and the source/destination cities please?

Trying to work out availability of the Amex flights, so want to check out the normal QF availability on one of the days where you couldn't get a seat.

It was SYD -ADL return on 9/12 back 12/12. I could get a red e-deal on the return leg but not outgoing, actually I was advised that no flights were available on the 9th. I suspect that when planning, if a red e deal is available you'll get on. Is a red e deal classed as "O" or is it more complicated?

Qantas were correct. There is no "O" class availability on the 9/12 from Syd-Adl.

There are red-e-deals available though so it's not that simple.

Thanks, we are on a popular flight time. Does a red E deal have one corresponding letter in terms of a fare class?

Red-e-deals are available in both O and N classes.

I believe O class fares are only available on the net, and N class can be bought either on the net or via Qantas call centre.

Believe also that O class is the "deep discount" red-e-deals, whereas N class is a bit more expensive.

Will be quiet now, and leave the proper explaining to someone else who knows more!!

odoherty said:
It's a shame you don't earn any points on the amex flights.
Can't have it both ways, award flight and earn points. :roll:

Can we :?:

JohnK said:
odoherty said:
It's a shame you don't earn any points on the amex flights.
Can't have it both ways, award flight and earn points. :roll:

Can we :?:

Not really award flights are they? I am sure that AMEX are paying QF for them (Albeit at some special rate I am sure)

oz_mark said:
Not really award flights are they? I am sure that AMEX are paying QF for them (Albeit at some special rate I am sure)
It is probably at the same level as tour groups fares which earn no qff points because the airfare is so heavily discounted.

You see promotions like golf major tours, ashes tours, world sevens and as far as I know these earn no status credits or ff points.

Mal said:
Qantas were correct. There is no "O" class availability on the 9/12 from Syd-Adl.

There are red-e-deals available though so it's not that simple.
That's pretty normal really; It's a tough gig, getting "red e-deal" class for a Friday this close in. Opposite with Monday evenings; normally plenty of seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back