Platinum Credit Card Flights | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Platinum Credit Card Flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

stuandmel

Intern
I have just attempted to book my annual free flight on the above. No flights were available on the requested days hence I'll have to dip into my pocket. The Qantas operater that amex put me through to said that the offer was available for "O" fare class seats. I assume there is a thread out there somewhere, but what in plain language is a "O" fare and where does it sit on the scale of ecomony fares?

JohnK

AFF Supporter
I think it is a red e-deal.

Both O and N class are the pits of the economy class chain.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
stuandmel, could you let us know what date you were planning to fly, and the source/destination cities please?

Trying to work out availability of the Amex flights, so want to check out the normal QF availability on one of the days where you couldn't get a seat.

stuandmel

Intern
It was SYD -ADL return on 9/12 back 12/12. I could get a red e-deal on the return leg but not outgoing, actually I was advised that no flights were available on the 9th. I suspect that when planning, if a red e deal is available you'll get on. Is a red e deal classed as "O" or is it more complicated?

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Qantas were correct. There is no "O" class availability on the 9/12 from Syd-Adl.

There are red-e-deals available though so it's not that simple.

stuandmel

Intern
Thanks, we are on a popular flight time. Does a red E deal have one corresponding letter in terms of a fare class?

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Red-e-deals are available in both O and N classes.

I believe O class fares are only available on the net, and N class can be bought either on the net or via Qantas call centre.

Believe also that O class is the "deep discount" red-e-deals, whereas N class is a bit more expensive.

Will be quiet now, and leave the proper explaining to someone else who knows more!!

JohnK

AFF Supporter
odoherty said:
It's a shame you don't earn any points on the amex flights.
Can't have it both ways, award flight and earn points. :roll:

Can we :?:

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
odoherty said:
It's a shame you don't earn any points on the amex flights.
Can't have it both ways, award flight and earn points. :roll:

Can we :?:
Not really award flights are they? I am sure that AMEX are paying QF for them (Albeit at some special rate I am sure)

JohnK

AFF Supporter
oz_mark said:
Not really award flights are they? I am sure that AMEX are paying QF for them (Albeit at some special rate I am sure)
It is probably at the same level as tour groups fares which earn no qff points because the airfare is so heavily discounted.

You see promotions like golf major tours, ashes tours, world sevens and as far as I know these earn no status credits or ff points.

serfty

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Mal said:
Qantas were correct. There is no "O" class availability on the 9/12 from Syd-Adl.

There are red-e-deals available though so it's not that simple.
That's pretty normal really; It's a tough gig, getting "red e-deal" class for a Friday this close in. Opposite with Monday evenings; normally plenty of seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

AFF on Air Podcast

• Choosing a Rewards Program – AIR017
    Sat, 10 Aug 2019 13:32:24 AEST
      If you’re new to the world of frequent flyer points – or moving to a new country – it can be difficult to know where to start. In this episode, Matt discusses the con ...
  • Travel Insurance – AIR016
    Sat, 27 Jul 2019 07:34:12 AEST
      They say that if you can’t afford travel insurance, you can’t afford to travel! In this episode, Matt chats to James Green about the importance of travel insurance, and ...
  • The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anishsinghal911