Platinum cards: Citibank Vs Amex and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucek

Intern
I have read various threads and postings on this site about this topic in general, however is there a thread or posting on this site, or indeed elsewhere, that rates all cards inlcuding there fees, rewards, benefits, etc?

I have a friend that swears by the Amex Platinum card but @A$900 PA, is it good value?

I curently have a Citibank Gold Visa card and put $3-4k PM on it. Citibank regularly invites me to upgrade to its platinum product. I read on this site that Citibank have been offering fee free Gold Cards. What is the catch? They certainly have not offered this to me despite being a member for many years and have a Ready Credit cheque account with it to boot!

Cheers

brucek said:
I curently have a Citibank Gold Visa card and put $3-4k PM on it. Citibank regularly invites me to upgrade to its platinum product. I read on this site that Citibank have been offering fee free Gold Cards. What is the catch? They certainly have not offered this to me despite being a member for many years and have a Ready Credit cheque account with it to boot! ...
There's the problem; CitiBank aready have you as a fee paying customer; why would they offer you a fee free card?

In a commercial vein you know it makes sense:!:

serfty said:
There's the problem; CitiBank aready have you as a fee paying customer; why would they offer you a fee free card?
And in these types of situations you cancel the existing card and reapply for the fee free card.

JohnK said:
And in these types of situations you cancel the existing card and reapply for the fee free card.
But CitiBank are not going to invite current customers like brucek to do so ... that would be very poor business practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back