Platinum cards: Citibank Vs Amex and others. | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Platinum cards: Citibank Vs Amex and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucek

Intern
Joined
Aug 8, 2002
Messages
67
Flights
My Map
I have read various threads and postings on this site about this topic in general, however is there a thread or posting on this site, or indeed elsewhere, that rates all cards inlcuding there fees, rewards, benefits, etc?

I have a friend that swears by the Amex Platinum card but @A$900 PA, is it good value?

I curently have a Citibank Gold Visa card and put $3-4k PM on it. Citibank regularly invites me to upgrade to its platinum product. I read on this site that Citibank have been offering fee free Gold Cards. What is the catch? They certainly have not offered this to me despite being a member for many years and have a Ready Credit cheque account with it to boot!

Cheers
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,087
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
brucek said:
...
I curently have a Citibank Gold Visa card and put $3-4k PM on it. Citibank regularly invites me to upgrade to its platinum product. I read on this site that Citibank have been offering fee free Gold Cards. What is the catch? They certainly have not offered this to me despite being a member for many years and have a Ready Credit cheque account with it to boot! ...
There's the problem; CitiBank aready have you as a fee paying customer; why would they offer you a fee free card?

In a commercial vein you know it makes sense:!:
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
serfty said:
There's the problem; CitiBank aready have you as a fee paying customer; why would they offer you a fee free card?
And in these types of situations you cancel the existing card and reapply for the fee free card.
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,087
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
JohnK said:
And in these types of situations you cancel the existing card and reapply for the fee free card.
But CitiBank are not going to invite current customers like brucek to do so ... that would be very poor business practice.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,284
Messages
2,078,495
Members
53,685
Latest member
petersautoandtyres
Top