PER-SYD upgrade award classes | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

PER-SYD upgrade award classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

dubno

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
37
Hi All,

Just looking at Seatcounter.com for my flight PER-SYD on 1st Oct.
What booking class do upgrades get booked into? B, D, H, I or J?

Reason for looking is that the schedule has just changed with two additional morning flights, but no 743s, hence fewer J seats per flight. I'm looking to get an u/g either in advance or at the QP and unsure which flight might get me the best availability

Sorry for being dim, but seatcounter just doesn't make that much sense to me....I understand that 9 is the highest number, but the rest is unclear (unless you're an expert of course);)
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,551
Flights
My Map
Hmm, tricky weekend with grand finals and puiblic holiday at least here in the west. Might be some jiggery pokery going on with equipment on the various sectors.

I believe you would be looking for U, but not sure whether you can see it!
 

StevePER

Established Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2004
Messages
1,143
Flights
My Map
If you can award seats in business then U class is available (and hence upgrades in advance). There's currently nothing on any PER-SYD flight on that date.

I reckon your best chance for an upgrade would be QF574 (early morning) but I wouldn't bet on it... choose your flight based on what time is most convenient.

Steve
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,551
Flights
My Map
StevePER said:
If you can award seats in business then U class is available (and hence upgrades in advance). There's currently nothing on any PER-SYD flight on that date.

I reckon your best chance for an upgrade would be QF574 (early morning) but I wouldn't bet on it... choose your flight based on what time is most convenient.
574 would be good, especially as it should be a 333 operating the flight :) I'd expect the 743's would be operating PER-MEL that day.
 
Trying to access your favourite Australian websites when overseas only to discover they have been geo-blocked? Concerned about your internet privacy especially when using unsecured wifi? NordVPN will solve both these common problems.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,640
oz_mark said:
574 would be good, especially as it should be a 333 operating the flight :) I'd expect the 743's would be operating PER-MEL that day.
I'd expect they would be pretty empty in that direction, but bursting at the seams for MEL-PER. Anyway the cup will be in Perth by then sitting next to the 2006, 1994 and 1992 ones.
 

dubno

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
37
Hmm thanks for your replies guys,

I can see no 'U' column on Seatcounter, is this because no award seats are currently available, and if inventory was shifted a 'U' column would appear?

QF574 does look like a good option and it is a 333. We arrive into PER from KUL at midnight so it would mean hanging around for 4 hours before the QP opens. Later options would mean getting a hotel.

What cup? I'm only into soccer! I knew it was a public holiday in NSW on Oct 1st but wasn't sure about anywhere else.

Thanks again,

Dubno.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,105
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
dubno said:
I can see no 'U' column on Seatcounter, is this because no award seats are currently available, and if inventory was shifted a 'U' column would appear?

QF574 does look like a good option and it is a 333. We arrive into PER from KUL at midnight so it would mean hanging around for 4 hours before the QP opens. Later options would mean getting a hotel.. ...
Seat Counter is inconsitant with respect to displaying U. A way to check is to do a dummy Qantas Frequent Flyer Award booking for the flight and see if Business class is offerred. If Business class is offered, it means that you can upgrade into business on that flight if you have a confirmed/ticketed WHY booking for that flight in an eligible booking class (Not N, O or Q).

dubno said:
What cup? I'm only into soccer! I knew it was a public holiday in NSW on Oct 1st but wasn't sure about anywhere else.

Thanks again,

Dubno
While you may be 'only into soccer!', be aware that there will be quite a few WA residents planning on travelling to/From Melbourne that weekend.
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,105
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
oz_mark said:
574 would be good, especially as it should be a 333 operating the flight :) I'd expect the 743's would be operating PER-MEL that day.
There are no fewer than 5 flights from MEL-PER scheduled with 743's on Sunday 30th September ... me, I'm heading to SYD on a 744 ;) ...
 

dubno

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 17, 2006
Messages
37
oz_mark said:
574 would be good, especially as it should be a 333 operating the flight :) I'd expect the 743's would be operating PER-MEL that day.
Well bigup Qantas, they let me change my flight FOC (from QF580 to QF574) even though they did not believe my claim that that the earlier flights were not scheduled when I made the booking a few months ago! I can suffer that in order to save $90...

Fingers crossed for an ODU to the Skybed

Cheers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,315
Messages
2,081,429
Members
53,724
Latest member
evilalpaca
Top