Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New QF livery and logo

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutron78

I like the new flying kangaroo but not sure about the new typeface, especially the Q which looks far too round and more like an o.

michaele

The new typeface doesn't seem to fit the brand. It feels very Corporate America circa the new millennium. Irrespective, are some benefits from an application use to having a thinner weight font, eg it can now be applied much larger on the planes.

Outside of that, does anyone else feel this brand launch was entirely underdone? A rebrand should be lead by a reasoning and positioning, and then deserves an event of its own, not just covering on an a330 pretending to be a dreamliner. The fact they just finished painting the fleet of a330s in old livery suggests it wasn't a long term plan. Other brand assets can be much more readily updated in a timely fashion, planes don't get repainted for years.

I'm definitely not one to bash QF for the sake of it but after working in this field for almost 10 years and in fact being interested in joining the brand team a year ago I cant help but feel a little disappointed for a brand I love.

PLANT

Established Member
New logo sux
Bring back the old logo and the money could have been better spent on not "enhancing" the passenger fees!

Don't like the new typeface. Looks like someone has been playing in the MS word font library.
I also notice QF have now been able to "enhance" the 'roo on the tail. Enhanced to the point of removing the front legs!
Would have thought they might have launched their new plane with a Wanula dreaming like design. Could have even called it the DreamTimeLiner. Apologies if this has been used before.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I have seen photos hopped pictures doing the rounds of a kangaroo with no arms ... :shock: :eek:

moa999

Enthusiast
Solutions
The fact they just finished painting the fleet of a330s in old livery suggests it wasn't a long term plan. .

They hadn't finished. QPG and QPI are still old Roo, as are a bunch of 737s...

Interesting that Joyce has said all will be repainted by 2020.. whereas with the most recent logo they didn't paint everything in eight years

pauly7

Established Member
I like the new flying kangaroo but not sure about the new typeface, especially the Q which looks far too round and more like an o.

I love the new roo very sleek and modern.

Typeface is growing on me - but a big change. More I look at it the more I like it.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
If the Australian Mint used the same Graphic designers as Qantas:

Australian_$1_Coin.jpg

bsb

I really like it, especially the font. Very contemporary and clean. Well done

dajop

Enthusiast
Solutions
As the kangaroo becomes less defined, it becomes less distinctive and more like a white blob on red. Different shape yes, but heading in the Cathay Dragon direction.

technoir

Intern
Awful. Truly awful. The kangaroo on the tail has been replaced by white and silver squiggle. The typeface is going to look very dated in a couple of years. Oh well, they'll probably spend millions "updating" it again then. :rolleyes:

PineappleSkip

Established Member
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
The new font. :mad: I hate it. :mad: Hate it. :mad: Hate it. I'm sure I read a blurb that claimed it was slimmer. Looks fatter! Presumably the washed out colour indicates how Qantas is wishy washy these days.
And as for the new thalidomide victim kangaroo, OMG. It's been enhanced! :eek: :eek: First they chopped off its wings, now its paws. Does the removal of limbs symbolise cuts to staff, routes, platinum benefits or what?
Did I mention that I hate the new font yet?
Cheers skip

moa999

Enthusiast
Solutions
Corporate logo has also changed.

As well as the new Roo and font, the solid red triangle has been replaced with an aircraft tail shape with a subtle gradient.

tixhr-2137502265.jpg

(My crappy edit to convert PNG image as app won't accept it)

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

yohy?!

Established Member
Qantas
Silver
The new typeface looks a lot like United's on the livery

cmon0005

Established Member
Qantas
Gold
Not a fan of the typeface either just doesn't have that trusted strong brand feel, it looks a bit weak.. The new roo i don't mind but definitely needs it's paws back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BasedinBrisbane