New ANZ FF Black offer - 130k Qantas points & 75 status credits (July 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
SkyTeam
Elite Plus
Star Alliance
Gold
It looks like ANZ released a new offer on its Frequent Flyer Black credit card at the beginning of this month.

The offer is now 100,000 bonus Qantas points, 75 status credits and $150 cash back in the first year if you spend at least $3,000 in 3 months. Renew for a second year to get an additional 30,000 Qantas points.

Interesting to see another card offering status credits as part of the sign-up bonus.

I'm about to cancel my ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card but doubt I'll be eligible to apply for this...

I'm about to cancel my ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum card but doubt I'll be eligible to apply for this...

From the T&Cs:

Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions unless specified, or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card. Offer not available where you currently hold an ANZ Frequent Flyer, ANZ Frequent Flyer Gold, ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum or ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card, or have closed, or qualified for bonus Qantas Points or a credit back on, any of those ANZ Frequent Flyer credit cards within the previous 12 months.

Don't worry AIRwin ANZ frequently run good sign up bonuses (although the SC are rare) ... there will be something for you in 12.5 months time.

ANZ are my favourite institution to churn. Points post quickly. They are easy to deal with. It almost feels wrong to breakup with them every 15 months or so.

Don't worry AIRwin ANZ frequently run good sign up bonuses (although the SC are rare) ... there will be something for you in 12.5 months time.

ANZ are my favourite institution to churn. Points post quickly. They are easy to deal with. It almost feels wrong to breakup with them every 15 months or so.

Similar to you, I've had this card on 4 separate occasions over the past 5 years and due to a CC offering uncertainty hung onto it over the past 11 months.

I rang up about a fee waiver and was given an unequivocal no. Hindsight says I should have closed earlier and went for a 5th dance although there is no certainty that would have been successful in today's climate.

Card will be cancelled and will see what's available in July/August next year.

My first and last ANZ card was a few years ago. I got rejection twice from ANZ. Other card churning has always gone smoothly. i have a good credit score, never had any problem with credit history. Any insights about the approval process? TIA

Has anyone here applied for the card and received the 75 bonus status credits? If so, did the status credits count towards your lifetime tally?

I know it's in the T&C's that they aren't supposed to, but just interested to see what is actually happening in practice.

Has anyone here applied for the card and received the 75 bonus status credits? If so, did the status credits count towards your lifetime tally?

I know it's in the T&C's that they aren't supposed to, but just interested to see what is actually happening in practice.

The problem with checking to confirm if it is in one's lifetime tally is you would need to keep your own transaction listing for the lifetime tally. You only get a balance displayed on the QFF portal, so unless you remembered an earlier balance or track it somehow on a spreadsheet or something separately one cannot be completely sure.

Actually I might just set that up (Spreadsheet), although if you just accepted a starting balance position as a point in time then you do have 12 months of transaction history available to then do the above comparison.

The problem with checking to confirm if it is in one's lifetime tally is you would need to keep your own transaction listing for the lifetime tally. You only get a balance displayed on the QFF portal, so unless you remembered an earlier balance or track it somehow on a spreadsheet or something separately one cannot be completely sure.

As long as the points credited in your current membership year you would be able to tell by looking at your status activity on the Qantas website. The pie chart showing your lifetime status credits will show you 'earned this year', so if this number is 75 less than your total for the year then you will know they haven't been included in your lifetime tally.

Reactions: GSP
As long as the points credited in your current membership year you would be able to tell by looking at your status activity on the Qantas website. The pie chart showing your lifetime status credits will show you 'earned this year', so if this number is 75 less than your total for the year then you will know they haven't been included in your lifetime tally.

Actually right you are and on closer inspection it shows how many points per year you have earned in your current year and then match to status activity. No spreadsheet required.

Hi all, has anyone received the 75 status credits for this card yet? If so, are you able to confirm if they counted towards your lifetime tally?

Hi all, has anyone received the 75 status credits for this card yet? If so, are you able to confirm if they counted towards your lifetime tally?

Yes, I have received the 75 status credits for the ANZ FF BLack card.
The card's terms of business state that they do not count towards lifetime status:

"...Please allow 6-8 weeks after you have met the earn criteria for the bonus Status Credits to be credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Bonus Status Credits will not contribute towards attaining or retaining Platinum One, any Platinum or Platinum One Bonus Rewards, Loyalty Bonuses, or Lifetime Status or any Qantas Status Accelerator..."
"

Yes, I have received the 75 status credits for the ANZ FF BLack card.
The card's terms of business state that they do not count towards lifetime status:

Hi Smithy, have you confirmed they didn't go to your lifetime tally? (you can check here - Log in - by looking at the pie chart under lifetime tally and seeing if the 75SC got added to this year's total).

Reason I'm asking is I've had an instance where the T&C said the same thing, but they actually did go onto my lifetime tally.

Hey all - keen to see if anyone who got this card is able to confirm if the 75SC have gone on their lifetime tally - you can check this by looking at the Status Activity on your Qantas Frequent Flyer profile and seeing if the 75SC are under the 'Earned this year' total in the pie chart.

Hey all - keen to see if anyone who got this card is able to confirm if the 75SC have gone on their lifetime tally - you can check this by looking at the Status Activity on your Qantas Frequent Flyer profile and seeing if the 75SC are under the 'Earned this year' total in the pie chart.
I'd also be keen to know the answer to this.

And an additional question from me: The Terms on both the QF & ANZ sites say the SCs are paid after reaching $3k in three month, the banner on the ANZ site says something very different (last line):

1602977372618.png

Can anyone confirm that the bonus SCs are paid after reaching the $3,000 spend in the first three months?

Yes, they counted to my lifetime tally despite the Ts & Cs
Post automatically merged:

I'd also be keen to know the answer to this.

And an additional question from me: The Terms on both the QF & ANZ sites say the SCs are paid after reaching $3k in three month, the banner on the ANZ site says something very different (last line):

Can anyone confirm that the bonus SCs are paid after reaching the $3,000 spend in the first three months?

Yes, they were credited about a week after my first statement. Oddly the 100,000 points yet to post but SCs are there.

Anyone with a mortgage with ANZ with the breakfree package succeed in getting a card like this, including the points, for free? I'm told that I can have the card for free as part of the breakfree package but not the points.

Anyone with a mortgage with ANZ with the breakfree package succeed in getting a card like this, including the points, for free? I'm told that I can have the card for free as part of the breakfree package but not the points.
The free part is a bit of a stretch, but it is lower cost. I previously had this card under my breakfree package and while you don't pay the card fee, you pay $50p/a for a rewards fee or somesuch. They found a clever way to "break up" the annual fee so that if you don't pay that part, you don't get points for spend.

It was a good deal back then because they hadn't yet excluded breakfree customers from the T&C's for the bonus points, but this round they have.

1. Offer available to new and approved applicants who apply for an ANZ Frequent Flyer Black credit card account. This is a limited time only offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice. Not available in conjunction with other offers, packages or promotions or when transferring from an existing ANZ credit card.

In my opinion, if you're churning for some points, it's actually worthwhile to go in at full fee rather than Breakfree. Fee is $425pa, but you get $200 back with spend (which you wouldn't with Breakfree) and 120,000 ff points with spend. I can easily get those 2 numbers to work for me, and then cancel after a year and move on, and I still get points per dollar earn for that year just like a breakfree customer would. They've essentially made Breakfree the more expensive offer by removing all incentives.

Last edited:
Also, can I just say what a mission this application has been. Wow. I almost feel like I'm owed wages from the accounting work I've had to do for what is nothing more complex than any other CC application nowadays. ANZ's credit card application process has really gone downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back