New ANZ FF Black offer - 130k Qantas points & 75 status credits (July 2020)

yojohnny

Intern
I've recently gotten this card, my first from ANZ.

I was really surprised making a US$80 purchase where ANZ were charging AU$5 over the mid-market (xe.com) rate. Once it finally settled a few days later it was $3.60 difference. Most decent cards I've had wouldn't be more than a 50c difference.

I guess this probably echos other peoples experience and it's no doubt all in the T&Cs?

Will have to stay away from any other non-AUD tansactions before churning....

http_x92

I've recently gotten this card, my first from ANZ.

I was really surprised making a US$80 purchase where ANZ were charging AU$5 over the mid-market (xe.com) rate. Once it finally settled a few days later it was $3.60 difference. Most decent cards I've had wouldn't be more than a 50c difference.

I guess this probably echos other peoples experience and it's no doubt all in the T&Cs?

Will have to stay away from any other non-AUD tansactions before churning....
Yeah the Visa exchange rate + the 3% foreign transaction fee makes it super rough. Nothing stopping people from making US-based transactions but its expensive.

The Mastercard exchange rate would be better.

yojohnny

Intern
Yeah the Visa exchange rate + the 3% foreign transaction fee makes it super rough. Nothing stopping people from making US-based transactions but its expensive.

The Mastercard exchange rate would be better.

Cheers. It had been that long since I used a card that adds a fixed % on top, I forgot it was a thing! Oh well, it was only a few dollars and that'll be the last non-AUD.

Thanks!

Catweazle

Anyone have any idea how long the $200 cash back offer has been up for, or is it new?

No status credits by the looks of things, and only 120k points, but you get $200 back in the card. All within the first twelve months.

mviy

Established Member
Does ANZ accept rental income as part of the $75k income requirement? If so, how many months of rental income do they need to see?

33kft

Established Member
Solutions
Does ANZ accept rental income as part of the $75k income requirement? If so, how many months of rental income do they need to see?
I can't answer your question directly, but I had a hell of a time with ANZ having fairly simple financial affairs - I wouldn't bother with a line call, there appears to be no provision for any independent thought in their offshore back office processing centre.

Rusty776

Hi All... I've targeted this card. Need it to get 350,000 to keep Points Club Plus. I need this by 30th June.

T & C's state no new ANZ rewards opened or closed in the previous 12 months. In 2020 I was approved ANZ Black on 10/2 activated 18/2 and closed 6/4 after receiving points 21 days from spend.

I'm assuming the 12 month limit expires on the 6/4/2021? I was thinking of applying on the 7/4 activating and spending right away. Will it matter if I apply before the 7/4 or just if it is approved or activated before then. Not a lot of wiggle room on this one and I'm keen to hear people's experiences, to avoid any potential mistakes.

Cheers

Solutions
Can anyone comment lately on how long the 120k bonus points have taken to post? Just got my second statement and have hit spend but no bonus. Hoping it’s quicker than the stated 3 months.

sudoer

Established Member
Solutions
I'm assuming the 12 month limit expires on the 6/4/2021? I was thinking of applying on the 7/4 activating and spending right away. Will it matter if I apply before the 7/4 or just if it is approved or activated before then. Not a lot of wiggle room on this one and I'm keen to hear people's experiences, to avoid any potential mistakes.

When you're planning to apply so close to the 12 month exclusion period, it's worth calling the bank to confirm exactly what date they have the card listed as being closed. I've found the banks can sometimes take a few days to completely shut accounts down after you've requested it.

I'm always honest with my intentions when I call, I say I'm thinking to sign up again and want to confirm eligibility for the bonus - they've always been more than happy to help.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TerryDaktyle