Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

New Adelaide airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anna

Established Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2005
Messages
2,464
Points
595
Any platinum fliers out there who have been invited to any Qantas function for the opening of the new Adelaide airport terminal?
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Points
0
Anna said:
Any platinum fliers out there who have been invited to any Qantas function for the opening of the new Adelaide airport terminal?

Sorry, I'm not in the loop. Is the new ADL terminal domestic, international or both?
 
Joined
Aug 11, 2002
Messages
377
Points
5
My agent tells me I am on a QF black list (despite being Platinum). I know she is joking but it mostly feels that way.
 

BlacKnox

Active Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
735
Points
0
And Air New Zealand will fly AKL-ADL-AKL 3 times a week on their new Airbus A320 from March 2006 8) .
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
No, but soon after the airport opens, I'll invite myself to the QP to check it out and have a look around the new dom. terminal.

Other FF's will of course be welcome to join me for a beer or few!

If anyone is in Adelaide this weekend, there looks to be some interesting events planned:

http://www.aal.com.au/newterminal/open_weekend/

"On Saturday, you are invited for a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity to walk on the Adelaide Airport Apron within the New Terminal itself. Various aircraft will be on display for viewing.

On Sunday, the emphasis will be on the interior of the New Terminal. View the Adelaide Airport as you will never see it again, including the people and operations 'behind the scenes'. You will be given the opportunity to walk through the new aerobridges and board an aircraft."
 
Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

markis10

Veteran Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2004
Messages
30,449
Points
10
Mal said:
"On Saturday, you are invited for a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity ........ the opportunity to walk through the new aerobridges and board an aircraft."

Wow that sounds exciting, mind you I used to get paid really well to spend a 7 hour shift looking at planes and now I occasionally go out to the airport to do it for free!

(PS dont you hate it when people take quotes out of context) :twisted:
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,680
Solutions
3
Points
1,425
markis10 said:
Mal said:
"On Saturday, you are invited for a 'once in a lifetime' opportunity ........ the opportunity to walk through the new aerobridges and board an aircraft."

Wow that sounds exciting, mind you I used to get paid really well to spend a 7 hour shift looking at planes and now I occasionally go out to the airport to do it for free!

(PS dont you hate it when people take quotes out of context) :twisted:

You're not a lawyer or journalist by any chance?
 

QF WP

Enthusiast
Moderator
Joined
Jun 20, 2002
Messages
17,727
Points
1,570
Qantas
LT Silver
Virgin
Platinum
Anna, how many Plat QFF members, who are also avid readers of AFF, do you think are in our midst?? The invitation was probably only to the Top 200 FF's who are based in ADL.

I know some of the others above are poking fun at Adelaide. I actually like it (has nothing to do with that it reminds me of laid-back BNE, or has Penfolds winery close enough that I can go to the Cellar Door and buy my wines while I'm there :roll: ...)

Will be there again possibly in November (and definitely January, already booked).
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,258
Solutions
7
Points
3,275
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Lindsay Wilson said:
Anna, how many Plat QFF members, who are also avid readers of AFF, do you think are in our midst?? The invitation was probably only to the Top 200 FF's who are based in ADL. ...
Certainly , this is the case.

Some years ago when Qantas were promoting thier new (then, no defunct) direct flights ADL-SIN they had a function at the Adelaide Exhibition centre. They invited their most frequent flyers etc who were based in ADL/SA. I went along as a guest of an ADL based client who was OG*. Nice tucker too...

*(Old Gold, equiv to todays WP)
 

Simon L.

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
13
Points
0
BlacKnox said:
Anna said:
Any platinum fliers out there who have been invited to any Qantas function for the opening of the new Adelaide airport terminal?

Sorry, I'm not in the loop. Is the new ADL terminal domestic, international or both?

It is actually for regional, domestic, international as well as charter flights. It is a Multi-User Integrated Terminal, so everything is within the same terminal now. Much easier for transit passengers.

Cheers.
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
Points
0
does anyone know if the new terminal will change minimum connection times? what are they?
 

stuandmel

Intern
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
60
Points
0
I assume by now some of us have found and even been through ADL - what is it like ?
 

Mal

Enthusiast
Joined
Dec 25, 2004
Messages
12,385
Points
10
Domestic area of new terminal is still not yet open. The opening date has slipped at least twice now - Expected to open on 9 November.

Wonder if any more slippages will occur?
 

varyingtravel

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
32
Points
0
I hope it doesn't slip anymore.. I'm due in adelaide on 10 November so was looking forward to trying out the new QP.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top