Narita OW Lounge Access - which one?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by brumm5150, Feb 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. brumm5150

brumm5150 Newbie

Feb 4, 2007
    Hi,

now that all OneWorld carriers are in T2 at Narita what options do I have as a Qantas Gold member?
    I am booked on QF180 NRT - MEL later on this month.

I saw that AA have opened their new Admirals Club is this better than the lounge that Qantas members have had access to ( Sakura lounge? ) prior to the rest of the carriers coming to T2, or is there other options?

Brumm.

2. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    Hi,

Only ever been in the JAL Sakura lounge myself, nice enough, food is a non event, just some biscuts really, but drinks are available, beer on tap. :)
    Has showers as well.

Up until now Sakura lounge has been my regular hang out (Been on 4 trips to Japan last year i think... and feb is my first for 07)

Never really thought about the other options until now... let us know what you end up visiting and what you think or it, actually i may check them all out muself if i have time and report back.

Evan

3. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Not just on tap .... but that automatic beer pouring machine is a wonderful toy that must be tested a few times to understand the intricate mechanics involved :D .

4. Evan

Evan Established Member

Dec 26, 2006
    SIN / MEL
    I mentioned that i think in the JAL joins oneworld thread, i love it, i had to take a video on my mobile phone to show everybody at home ! most people were amazed to see it in action.

5. NM

NM

Aug 27, 2004
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Would make a wonderful addition and talking point for any home bar!

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I think most airline lounges in Japan have them. Certainly NH/*A in NRT, KIX, FUK, NGO, UA in NRT, IIRC VS in NRT also and JL in NRT and no doubt more I haven't been to.

7. simongr

simongr Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2006
    I would certainly avoid the CX lounge - I was there before Christmas flying F and was very disappointed with the lounge :(

8. Love2Fly

Love2Fly Junior Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Melbourne, AUS
    Hmm, haven't seen it but am very curious. Any chance your video is on-line somewhere?

9. Mal

Mal Enthusiast

Dec 25, 2004
    London
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    While I havn't been to the Narita lounges, (Next month ... ) there are plenty of automatic beer pouring machine videos online.

Eg: YouTube - Auto Beer Pour in Japan

Way cool :)

10. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Nice video.

It's similar to but not the same as the one in the CX lounge some 15 months ago. With that one the glass remained upright and a pouring spout tracked up the inside edge releaseing the beverage as it went. A quick spurt from the spout at the end provided a perfect head ... :cool: