Membership Rewards Concierge Program

Discussion in 'American Express Rewards' started by pksw, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. pksw

pksw Intern

Oct 11, 2005
    Has anyone used the new Membership Rewards Concierge service? I think I read on this forum a while ago that people with a certain number of points (100,000?) would be invited into the program.

Apparently you can name whatever you want as a reward. Does anyone have any examples of realistic "name your reward" point values?

The website Membership Rewards™ Concierge lists things like a Mercedes Benz for 5 Million points!

I'm not sure what the best use of my points are. I've always planned on just converting them all over to 1:1 Qantas FF points. However, I know how difficult it is to get flights on specific dates. Perhaps cashing them all in for Myer or David Jones vouchers is the best value. This new rewards program sounds interesting, but I'm going to need a few examples of how Amex puts a value on existing points.

2. kyle

kyle Active Member

Mar 8, 2006
    MEL
    Now that Amex is offering 20% discount on points until end of May, is anyone thinking of using the service?

Any ideas on that very hard to find item?

3. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I thought anyone could use the MR concierge service as long as they had the enough MR points to burn.

4. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    It is supposed to be an invitation only service. Perhaps the trigger for the invitation is a certain number of points, but I certainly do not recall ever being invited.

5. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    I remember receiving a generic pamphlet/brochure/postcard advertising the concierge program. I don't have a need for the service so did not bother reading the details.

6. beardoc

beardoc Established Member

Jul 13, 2005
    Sydney, NSW
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Yes, the trigger is 100,000 MR points.

7. oz_mark

oz_mark Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2002
    Melbourne
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    I always spend my points before I get to 100,000 - so I would never set the trigger off.

8. JohnK

JohnK Veteran Member

Mar 22, 2005
    BNE, SYD and CNX
    Are they perhaps trying to target people with large MR point balances so they use their MR points and Amex reduces their MR point liability?