Membership Rewards Concierge Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

pksw

Intern
Has anyone used the new Membership Rewards Concierge service? I think I read on this forum a while ago that people with a certain number of points (100,000?) would be invited into the program.

Apparently you can name whatever you want as a reward. Does anyone have any examples of realistic "name your reward" point values?

The website Membership Rewards™ Concierge lists things like a Mercedes Benz for 5 Million points!

I'm not sure what the best use of my points are. I've always planned on just converting them all over to 1:1 Qantas FF points. However, I know how difficult it is to get flights on specific dates. Perhaps cashing them all in for Myer or David Jones vouchers is the best value. This new rewards program sounds interesting, but I'm going to need a few examples of how Amex puts a value on existing points.

Now that Amex is offering 20% discount on points until end of May, is anyone thinking of using the service?

Any ideas on that very hard to find item?

pksw said:
Has anyone used the new Membership Rewards Concierge service? I think I read on this forum a while ago that people with a certain number of points (100,000?) would be invited into the program.
I thought anyone could use the MR concierge service as long as they had the enough MR points to burn.

JohnK said:
I thought anyone could use the MR concierge service as long as they had the enough MR points to burn.

It is supposed to be an invitation only service. Perhaps the trigger for the invitation is a certain number of points, but I certainly do not recall ever being invited.

oz_mark said:
It is supposed to be an invitation only service. Perhaps the trigger for the invitation is a certain number of points, but I certainly do not recall ever being invited.
I remember receiving a generic pamphlet/brochure/postcard advertising the concierge program. I don't have a need for the service so did not bother reading the details.

beardoc said:
Yes, the trigger is 100,000 MR points.

I always spend my points before I get to 100,000 - so I would never set the trigger off.

beardoc said:
Yes, the trigger is 100,000 MR points.
Are they perhaps trying to target people with large MR point balances so they use their MR points and Amex reduces their MR point liability?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back