Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Melbourne First Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goaty

Hi
I am flying out of Melbourne in September and just noticed on the Qantas site that the F lounge closes at 6pm..!
I think I have it right that Qf 9 leaves at 7.15pm at the moment but changing to 10.55pm later in the year ..Will the lounge change their hours to coincide ...?

Goaty

Thanks young Roo..I was starting to break out in a worry rash !!

Himeno

Established Member
Yes, the lounge opening times will reflect the new schedule.
Will the lounge close for a period in the middle of the day between QF93 and QF9, or will it be open all day?

scallops

Qantas
Platinum
We will be trying the F Lounge in two weeks, flying QF9. It is scheduled to leave at 1935hours, good to know that the lounge will be open for us to enjoy its lovely treats :D

Kangol

Established Member
Will the lounge close for a period in the middle of the day between QF93 and QF9, or will it be open all day?

How about those QF flights to Asia/NZ where an F cabin isn't operated departing in that period in the middle of the day?
I think they used to have a time of closure during the day when there were no QF flights being operated.. could be wrong though.

Isochronous

Established Member

Don't give them ideas!

Besides there might also be OW/EK flights with OWEs that they can make money off with lounge access fees

Get paid up to 25% in real cash from your everyday purchases from leading companies such as Virgin Australia, Booking.com, Woolworths, Coles, Apple, Microsoft and much more. Free to join and no catches!

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
I think they used to have a time of closure during the day when there were no QF flights being operated.. could be wrong though.
No, the lounge stayed open during the day ... it was the kerbside First check in area that would close for a time between QF93 and QF9 (also QF29 when it departed around midnight).

Last edited:

lovestotravel

What is the MEL F lounge like compared to SYD?.

MEL lounge generally better service, as less busy and you feel more looked after

SYD lounge can get VERY busy during peak times to the point of waiting for a table :( service seems to be erratic and has done downhill IMO

Kangol

Established Member
No, the lounge stayed open firing the day ... it was the kerbside First check in area that would close for a time between QF93 and QF9 (also QF29 when it departed around midnight).

Oh yes, that was it - knew it was one or the other.
How much downtime was there during the day when QF29 used to run?

smit0847

Established Member
I was in the SYD Flounge for most of the day last Saturday. Although the flights differ from day to day I kept a close eye on capacity and note the following:

Before 7:30am - Very quiet
7:30-9.30am - Extremely busy (14 OW and QF flights depart between 09:00-10:00). This would be the busiest part of the day.
9:30am-10:30am - Very quiet
10:30-11:30 - Starts to fill up
11:30-12:30 - Busy
12:30-14:00 - Fairly quiet
14:00 - onwards - starts to get busy until QF1 leaves.

It was extremely pleasant having breakfast at 10am there - only one other diner in my 'section' of the dining area so very quiet and peaceful - service was attentive and excellent.

serfty

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Oh yes, that was it - knew it was one or the other.
How much downtime was there during the day when QF29 used to run?
Generally about 2-3 hours between 5and 8 for QF9/QF133 and QF29.

SQ421

Sydney also suffers from thundering mobs doing "F Lounge" runs more so than Melbourne.

Newuser

I've noticed the service drop in MEL over my past few visits. Perhaps a change in staff? There seem to be alot of new faces.

ozrock

Hi All

I am flying QF 8409 (Ek Mel-KL) in August, departing 2.40am with Mrs and Master Ozrock. J class.
Trying to determine what time to get to the airport, and what lounge to use.
As a WP, we can access the QF First lounge if the opening times are extended - but, how early can we checkin. The only response I can get is the standard 3 hours. Is this correct, or could we get there earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhandinhbongda