Mastercard & Boingo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got the email as well today. Have already registered using my 28 Degrees card - I'm not currently using Boingo but this will come in handy around Europe.

Reactions: RB
I got it too and looks like a really good proposition. Many credit cards in USA have this and Aus is just about to begin.

I just signed up....will be really interesing if I can use inflight WiFi for free :)

Q. Do I have access to in-flight Wi-Fi?
A. Boingo service is available on many airlines around the world. Service is usually available on long haul International flights offered by JAL, American Airlines, Lufthansa and many more. There is no guarantee that each aircraft or route flown will have Wi-Fi service, so you will need to manually check for service:
  1. In web-browser: Once taken to an airline landing page, find the section that states: roaming partners. Click the drop down menu bar and search for Boingo. If found, select Boingo – you will be redirected to Boingo’s landing page where you can enter your login credentials (user name and password)
  2. On iOS devices: Open the Wi-Fi options within the settings menu. If the in-flight network supports Boingo the network name will be annotated with “Check for Boingo Wi-Fi.” Select the network and wait for Wi-Finder to prompt you to connect.
  3. On Android devices: Open Wi-Finder and if network access is available, the client will notify you to click to connect.

Last edited:
I registered, may use on AA internally apparently.

You don't need the app. A web brower based login should do the trick.

I was able to use this to get free wifi on a Eurowings flight a couple of days ago.

Boingo has come in really handy! BKK, PVG, various US airports. Many airports have limited wifi (time wise) or require a mobile to log in, but boingo came through each time.

Don't know about CX, sorry.

But I was able to use this on a long-haul Lufthansa flight the other day. Worked a treat (the free access, that is - the connection itself was slow).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..
Back