Making changes to a OW RTW on points ? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Making changes to a OW RTW on points ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaccav

I am about to make a booking for a RTW on frequent flyer points with qantas. It's the standard 280,000 points for 5 stops in business class. I wanted to confirm my ability to change my flights after

a. it's ticketed
b. travel commences

The Frequent Flyer Service Centre has once told me that I cannot change the flight dates after travel has commenced. However, two different consultants have told me that I CAN change the flight dates after travel has commenced. I suspect the latter is correct but would be grateful if anyone could confirm:

a. Can I change the flight dates after it's ticketed
b. Can I change the flight dates after travel has commenced

(Note: I am aware that I cannot change the route .. .. .. which is not a problem).

Many thanks for your help,

vaccav

serfty

Flights
My Map
vaccav said:
... would be grateful if anyone could confirm:

a. Can I change the flight dates after it's ticketed
b. Can I change the flight dates after travel has commenced

(Note: I am aware that I cannot change the route .. .. .. which is not a problem).

Many thanks for your help,

vaccav
Section 13.7 of the Qantas Frequent Flyer T&C's covers this:
13.7.5 Changes made after ticketing or after booking on Jetstar Asia, whether before or after commencement of travel, to flight number or date of travel, without changing:
(a) name or class of travel; or
(b) Segment routing,
will incur a Revalidation Fee (see the Fee Schedule). Changes are not permitted on any Award Flight paper tickets after travel has commenced.

13.7.7 No changes requiring ticket reissue will be allowed within 24 hours of departure or once travel has commenced on any Award Flight ticket.
Ok,

Revalidation is your basic change of date/flight no. If it is a paper ticket you cannot do this once travel has commenced. For an E-Ticket one can "revalidate" after commencement, but this may incur the revalidation fee.

Changing the Name/Class/Segment Routing after ticketing results in a reissue and may ONLY be done no later than 24 hours BEFORE the initial departure. This will incur an Award Ticket Reissue Fee.

Maca44

AFF Supporter
Be careful that if you do need to change your flights. that there are same class award seats available for you to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Borgbear