Registered Users have the option of removing this and all other advertisements.  Moreā€¦

Making changes to a OW RTW on points ?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by vaccav, Feb 16, 2006.

1. vaccav

vaccav Junior Member

Sep 26, 2004
    I am about to make a booking for a RTW on frequent flyer points with qantas. It's the standard 280,000 points for 5 stops in business class. I wanted to confirm my ability to change my flights after

a. it's ticketed
    b. travel commences

The Frequent Flyer Service Centre has once told me that I cannot change the flight dates after travel has commenced. However, two different consultants have told me that I CAN change the flight dates after travel has commenced. I suspect the latter is correct but would be grateful if anyone could confirm:

a. Can I change the flight dates after it's ticketed
    b. Can I change the flight dates after travel has commenced
    Registered Users don't see this and have the option of removing all other advertisements.  Register HERE

(Note: I am aware that I cannot change the route .. .. .. which is not a problem).

Many thanks for your help,

vaccav

2. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    Section 13.7 of the Qantas Frequent Flyer T&C's covers this:
    Ok,

Revalidation is your basic change of date/flight no. If it is a paper ticket you cannot do this once travel has commenced. For an E-Ticket one can "revalidate" after commencement, but this may incur the revalidation fee.

Changing the Name/Class/Segment Routing after ticketing results in a reissue and may ONLY be done no later than 24 hours BEFORE the initial departure. This will incur an Award Ticket Reissue Fee.

3. Maca44

Maca44 Established Member

Sep 2, 2005
    Sydney
    Be careful that if you do need to change your flights. that there are same class award seats available for you to do so.