LONE4 starting from SWP hitting and SAM is LONE5?

Discussion in 'Your Questions' started by vt, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.
Joining AFF is fast, simple & ABSOLUTELY FREE -  join now by clicking on the JOIN NOW button, and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.
Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)
  1. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Hi all,

This is my itinery:
    MEL-LAX-LIM,LPB-SCL-EZE,GIG-JFK-LHR-DXB-LHR-IST-LHR-HKG-PEK-HKG-KUL-HKG-PER-ADL-MEL,SYD-BME-SYD

MEL-LAX-LIM and GIG-JFK-LHR is transit.

AA are saying this is a LONE5 instead of a LONE4 as I start from SWP and travel in SAM. There basis is that the xONEx tickets have a minumun of 3 continents which are NAM, ASA and EUR. Starting from SWP adds 1 continent and travel to SAM adds another.

Is this correct?

2. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Yup that routing is a LONE5. If you go to Europe directly from South America AND to South America directly from SWP then you can do it on a LONE4. Eg SYD-SCL-LIM, LPB-SCL-EZE,GIG-LHR-...

Starting from NZ is a bit cheaper than from Australia.

I don't think you can do SYD-BME-SYD. Needs to be PER-BME-SYD vv.

3. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    there is a seasonal SYD-BME-SYD flight

QF1040 and QF1043

4. serfty

Nov 16, 2004
    MEL
    Flight Map:
    View my flight map
    With a xONEx, more than one BME-MEL/SYD segment is specifically excluded.

5. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    ouch

back to the drawing board then

6. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    That's why I suggested PER-BME-SYD. Sorry I didn't have the rules handy when I posted.

7. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    thats ok...

I am now rescheduling so that I do not touch NAM in so saving abuot $700 for a LONE4 rather than a LONE5

8. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Is AA RTW desk contradicting the advice given on AFF (this thread) and FT (link)?

9. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    I was just trying to clarify of a xONEx had to count EUR/NAM/ASA regardless.

It has been bothering me hearing AA RTW Desk saying a xONEx ticket must "count" NAM/EUR/ASA

10. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    I think you misunderstood. You need to have a minimum of 3 continents, and due to the OW network, IF you have a xONE3 they must be Europe, North America and Asia. There is no other combination of 3 continents that are possible.

If you have a xONE4 then there are a few different combinations of continents that are possible.

11. vt

vt Member

Mar 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Thats exactly what I thought. Seems it is a case of some agent interpreting the rules a bit differently.

12. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    Just a thought, but it is going to be tricky getting AA to ticket this since there will be no AA flights on SWP-SAM-EUR-AS-SWP routing.

13. Dave Noble

Dave Noble Senior Member

Oct 10, 2005
    I have had no issues getting AA to issue ATWs which have had no AA component

Dave

14. Kiwi Flyer

Kiwi Flyer Senior Member

Sep 24, 2004
    That is surprising. They don't get any revenue from issuing if they have no flights.

*A RTWs specifically have a rule that can only be ticketed on an airline in the itinerary.