LONE4 starting from SWP hitting and SAM is LONE5? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

LONE4 starting from SWP hitting and SAM is LONE5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vt

Hi all,

This is my itinery:
MEL-LAX-LIM,LPB-SCL-EZE,GIG-JFK-LHR-DXB-LHR-IST-LHR-HKG-PEK-HKG-KUL-HKG-PER-ADL-MEL,SYD-BME-SYD

MEL-LAX-LIM and GIG-JFK-LHR is transit.

AA are saying this is a LONE5 instead of a LONE4 as I start from SWP and travel in SAM. There basis is that the xONEx tickets have a minumun of 3 continents which are NAM, ASA and EUR. Starting from SWP adds 1 continent and travel to SAM adds another.

Is this correct?

Kiwi Flyer

Yup that routing is a LONE5. If you go to Europe directly from South America AND to South America directly from SWP then you can do it on a LONE4. Eg SYD-SCL-LIM, LPB-SCL-EZE,GIG-LHR-...

Starting from NZ is a bit cheaper than from Australia.

I don't think you can do SYD-BME-SYD. Needs to be PER-BME-SYD vv.

vt

there is a seasonal SYD-BME-SYD flight

QF1040 and QF1043

serfty

Flights
My Map
vt said:
there is a seasonal SYD-BME-SYD flight ...
With a xONEx, more than one BME-MEL/SYD segment is specifically excluded.

xONEx Rules said:
FLIGHT APPLICATION

WITHIN AUSTRALIA ONLY ONE NONSTOP/SINGLE PLANE SERVICE FLIGHT IS PERMITTED BETWEEN THE FOLLOWING POINTS
- BNE/CNS/SYD/MEL - PER
- MEL/SYD - DRW
- MEL/SYD - BME

Kiwi Flyer

That's why I suggested PER-BME-SYD. Sorry I didn't have the rules handy when I posted.

vt

thats ok...

I am now rescheduling so that I do not touch NAM in so saving abuot $700 for a LONE4 rather than a LONE5

vt

I was just trying to clarify of a xONEx had to count EUR/NAM/ASA regardless.

It has been bothering me hearing AA RTW Desk saying a xONEx ticket must "count" NAM/EUR/ASA

Kiwi Flyer

I think you misunderstood. You need to have a minimum of 3 continents, and due to the OW network, IF you have a xONE3 they must be Europe, North America and Asia. There is no other combination of 3 continents that are possible.

If you have a xONE4 then there are a few different combinations of continents that are possible.

vt

Thats exactly what I thought. Seems it is a case of some agent interpreting the rules a bit differently.

Kiwi Flyer

vt said:
Thats exactly what I thought. Seems it is a case of some agent interpreting the rules a bit differently.
Just a thought, but it is going to be tricky getting AA to ticket this since there will be no AA flights on SWP-SAM-EUR-AS-SWP routing.

Dave Noble

Kiwi Flyer said:
Just a thought, but it is going to be tricky getting AA to ticket this since there will be no AA flights on SWP-SAM-EUR-AS-SWP routing.
I have had no issues getting AA to issue ATWs which have had no AA component

Dave

Kiwi Flyer

Dave Noble said:
I have had no issues getting AA to issue ATWs which have had no AA component

Dave
That is surprising. They don't get any revenue from issuing if they have no flights.

*A RTWs specifically have a rule that can only be ticketed on an airline in the itinerary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• The Qantas Oneworld Award – AIR015
    Sat, 13 Jul 2019 02:07:50 AEST
      Learn how to fly around the world using your Qantas Frequent Flyer points as Matt chats to James Green, an award travel consultant at Frequent Flyer Solutions. This episode ...
  • Qantas Frequent Flyer Changes – AIR014
    Sat, 29 Jun 2019 00:40:35 AEST
      Last week, Qantas announced a major shake-up to its Qantas Frequent Flyer program. In this episode, former Head of Loyalty at Malaysia Airlines, Mark Ross-Smith, joins Matt ...
  • jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinaus