Issues with Qantas website? | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Issues with Qantas website?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Is anyone else having problems?

Sorry
The site is experiencing difficulties at present. We apologise for the delay and will endeavour to restore operations as soon as possible. Please try again in a short while. In the meantime you can contact us on 13 13 13 within Australia or your nearest Qantas office for all other enquiries.

Thank you for your patience.

Ric

AFF Supporter
Had that problem when trying to log on around 6 am but fine about a couple of hours later

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Their software has probably blocked the site...:rolleyes: :oops:

Actually, I just tried and got to the site, but after trying to sign into My account received the message:

QF website said:
An internal error has occurred in the Qantas Frequent Flyer, online Award booking system. If you have provided your credit card details please check Your Bookings to see if your booking was completed. Otherwise, please try again or contact Telephone Sales on 13 11 31 within Australia or your local Qantas Telephone Sales office to make your Award booking.
Don't know what the go is with that message, I wasn't in the online Award booking system :confused: ...

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Lindsay Wilson said:
Their software has probably blocked the site...:rolleyes: :oops:

Actually, I just tried and got to the site, but after trying to sign into My account received the message:

Don't know what the go is with that message, I wasn't in the online Award booking system :confused: ...
From what I can see the Award Booking System is up and running at the moment :)

QF WP

Flights
My Map
Frequent Flyer Login just worked for me but it did load the Account Details page a little slower than normal.

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
And borked again:

"An internal error has occurred in the Qantas Frequent Flyer, online Award booking system. If you have provided your credit card details please check Your Bookings to see if your booking was completed. Otherwise, please try again or contact Telephone Sales on 13 11 31 within Australia or your local Qantas Telephone Sales office to make your Award booking."

Let me guess... Another failed firewall? Maybe space gremlins?

Mal

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Must be infectious today - Tried to make a Virgin Blue booking:

"Sorry

There has been a communications problem. Data lines may be congested right now, or another issue may exist. Please try again later or contact our Guest Contact Centre on 13 6789."

Edit:

Started responding finally, but things are still a little borked:

"Due to the credit card payment system being unavailable, your booking is currently Pending. Once the payment system is available and your booking is confirmed you will be emailed your itinerary."

Wonder how long I'll be waiting!!! At least my travel isn't for a couple of weeks!

edit #2:

Well that was quick. Confirmation turned up around 15 minutes after booking.

Last edited:

Flashback

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
Hrm, and again for me using IE/Firefox, I can't login at all. Says award system unavailable, what the!

bigmal

Intern
I can get on to the site, but very few links will work. Occassionaly I get a message, but other times the screen just goes blank.

oz_mark

AFF Supporter
Flights
My Map
WHile the site was working for me yesterday, today when I log in to the FF section, I have begun getting the error with the Award booking System.

From the QF homepage the Frequent Flyer links just seem to present a blank page.

bravoecho1

Booked a couple of flights last night and no problems.

Lets hope they can keep it up for at least 24 hours;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFF on Air Podcast

• jb747’s Stellar Career with Qantas – AIR013
    Sat, 15 Jun 2019 03:00:41 AEST
      In this special edition of the podcast, Matt chats to John Bartels (a.k.a. jb747) about his flying career with Qantas, the A380, the QF30 incident, flight training, retirem ...
  • Cheap Virgin Australia Business Class – AIR012
    Sat, 01 Jun 2019 03:05:28 AEST
      Find out how to get cut-price Virgin Australia Business Class tickets by buying and redeeming Etihad Guest miles! This episode also includes some listener Q&A and an interv ...
  • Star Alliance Status – AIR011
    Sat, 18 May 2019 09:39:41 AEST
      Find out how to easily earn Star Alliance Gold status with several different frequent flyer programs! This episode also includes an interview with John Blom, Australia’s ...
  • Premium Economy – AIR010
    Sat, 04 May 2019 00:21:32 AEST
      Premium Economy is a great compromise if you want a more comfortable experience than Economy, without paying for Business or First class airfares! In this episode, AFF’s ...
  • Hyperinflation of Points – AIR009
    Sat, 20 Apr 2019 04:49:59 AEST
      Frequent flyer points are a valuable currency, but they aren’t immune from hyperinflation! In this episode, Matt discusses why frequent flyer points are a terrible long-t ...

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Namik