Is Economy (K) discount economy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobu

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Posts
498
I have a return trip fro PER to SYD on 28/1 returning 31/1.

My QFF anniversary is on 31/1!

Before that trip, I will need 60 SCs to reach WP...

Therefore I am very keen to find out if Economy (K) is considered discount economy for SC earn (in which case I will only earn 40 SCs for the round trip and be 20 short!) or whether it is full economy (in which case I will earn 80 SCs and be welcome with open arms into the WP world (ok maybe not open arms...))!

Also is K class the same as KIPOX?

Cheers!

JOBU
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Posts
45,030
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
K class PER-SYD on Domestic flight = Full whY!, so 40 SC each way.

(Discount whY on International QF flights but.)

Welcome to WP!!! 8)
 

DPG

Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2005
Posts
172
Jobu said:
Also is K class the same as KIPOX?

Generally speaking... Yes...

KIPOX is the cheapest fare that allows changes without penalty. It has recently been joined by a WIPOX fare "to bring extra flexibility" as QF says...

Both of these two fares are considered Flexi-Saver Fares.

Congratulations on WP! :D

D P G
 

Jobu

Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2005
Posts
498
Yay! Thanks everyone!

Don't know how much of a difference it'll make since I generally only fly domestic and economy... but at least I'll get some extra points!

Woohoo!

:)

JOBU
 

jasonja3

Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Posts
368
DPG said:
Jobu said:
Also is K class the same as KIPOX?

Generally speaking... Yes...

KIPOX is the cheapest fare that allows changes without penalty. It has recently been joined by a WIPOX fare "to bring extra flexibility" as QF says...

Both of these two fares are considered Flexi-Saver Fares.

Congratulations on WP! :D

D P G

Intersting. I recently purchased a "Fully Flexible" fare Syd-Per-Syd, which was ticketed K (when I was expecting Y), maybe they moved the K tickets to full price as the flight sold out?? Any thoughts? :?
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Posts
6,419
jasonja3 said:
[
Intersting. I recently purchased a "Fully Flexible" fare Syd-Per-Syd, which was ticketed K (when I was expecting Y), maybe they moved the K tickets to full price as the flight sold out?? Any thoughts? :?

Most Fully Flexible domestic tickets are booked in H class (HOX) rather than the more expensive Y. Was it booked in H perhaps?

Dave
 

jasonja3

Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2005
Posts
368
Dave Noble said:
jasonja3 said:
[
Intersting. I recently purchased a "Fully Flexible" fare Syd-Per-Syd, which was ticketed K (when I was expecting Y), maybe they moved the K tickets to full price as the flight sold out?? Any thoughts? :?

Most Fully Flexible domestic tickets are booked in H class (HOX) rather than the more expensive Y. Was it booked in H perhaps?

Dave

Nope, definitely K
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Posts
20,060
The last fully flexible booking I did (a month or so ago) turned up as BISOX. Seems a bit of an alphabet soup to me.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Posts
6,419
oz_mark said:
The last fully flexible booking I did (a month or so ago) turned up as BISOX. Seems a bit of an alphabet soup to me.

Suprising; I didn't think that the BISOX fare was normally sold online

Fully flexible are normally HOX and Y . The BISOX fare is a strange fare with worse restrictions on it ( e.g. BISOX is an instant saver fare and doesn't allow waitlisting )


The alphabet is quite simple

OPTWEBU, NSXO = red-e-deal
SPXO, SPXI,VPXO,VPXI,LPXO,RPXO,MPXO = super saver
KIPOX,WIPOX = flexi saver
HOX,BISOX,Y = Fully Flexible
DOX,J = Business

Other domestic fares

LOZPASx = Oz Pass fare
KIX = Fare allowed for use with international itineries departing Australia

Dave
 

gaia

Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2003
Posts
125
Dave Noble said:
oz_mark said:
The alphabet is quite simple ...

SPXO, SPXI,VPXO,VPXI,LPXO,RPXO,MPXO = super saver
...

I booked a supersaver online and got R class out and K class back.

Wish that the site would show the booking class prior to payment completing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)


Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users

Top