Interesting choice for an inflight movie | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Login Now to remove this and all advertisements (GOLD and SILVER members)
Not a member? Register Now for free

Interesting choice for an inflight movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expon

Intern
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
67
I am returning to Melbourne from Japan next week and was curious as to what would be played on the flight. I looked up Melbourne - Tokyo November in economy and was surprised to find that World Trade Centre was the second movie on the list.... Now the blurb doesn't match the movie but the picture does. I wonder if someone typed it in as a joke and forgot to change it before it went live?

Would anyone care to ring them? I've emailed but i'm not to optimistic about the turn around from that.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
Very weird.

The blurb is about the animated adventure The Ant Bully. Maybe they were going to schedule World Trade Centre but then decided against showing it on a flight.

I guess we won't know which movie is playing until someone flies that route in November or someone calls Qantas.
 

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
4,265
Flights
My Map
I thought the recent screenings of Poseidon was pushing the envelope. You know, major mode of transport, ending with disastrous conequences....I know they edit certain bits of films at times, but to edit out the whole premise?
 

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
SeatBackForward said:
I thought the recent screenings of Poseidon was pushing the envelope. You know, major mode of transport, ending with disastrous conequences....I know they edit certain bits of films at times, but to edit out the whole premise?
Glad I didn't bother to watch it on my recent QF flights.
 

SeatBackForward

Established Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2006
Messages
4,265
Flights
My Map
Kiwi Flyer said:
Glad I didn't bother to watch it on my recent QF flights.
Well the coming the other way on the same trip, they showed Kenny, QF managed to do something I haven't seen DJ achieve yet - get the whole plane laughing in sync.
 

Damien

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
300
Expon said:
I am returning to Melbourne from Japan next week and was curious as to what would be played on the flight. I looked up Melbourne - Tokyo November in economy and was surprised to find that World Trade Centre was the second movie on the list.... Now the blurb doesn't match the movie but the picture does. I wonder if someone typed it in as a joke and forgot to change it before it went live?
It's also on the list for LAX - BNE in November. The blurb matches the title and picture.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,522
Flights
My Map
Likely they would be more cautious with what's on a main screen entertainment flight versus what they show on the little seat back systems. If you have a choice, then you can choose not to view the movie, and watch something more interesting like "FlightPlan"
 

maninblack

Established Member
Joined
Aug 14, 2006
Messages
2,310
Poseidon was scheduled for mainscreen on a recent flight to NZ but they showed Kenny, complaints perhaps. Bizarre choice and i certainly didn't want my kids watching it. I am refering to Kenny of course :rolleyes:

As for the wtc movie. Showing that on a plane is just WRONG.
 

JohnK

Veteran Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
43,719
oz_mark said:
If you have a choice, then you can choose not to view the movie, and watch something more interesting like "FlightPlan"
Sometimes have no choice and that is all that is available. Helps pass the time which is good.
 

Tiki

Active Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
545
mainly tailfirst said:
I guess I won't be seeing "Snakes on a Plane" anytime soon then...

mt
LOL, that's one dvd I won't be renting, but if they ever did show it on a plane it would be funny as hell to watch the reactions of the pax afterwards! :D
 
Now with contactless delivery, shop online to get drinks delivered to your door or pick up in-store in 30 minutes. Lowest Liquor Price Guarantee. Biggest Range.

Recommended by the Australian Frequent Flyer

Kiwi Flyer

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2004
Messages
5,546
JohnK said:
Sometimes have no choice and that is all that is available. Helps pass the time which is good.
Indeed a lot of my flights have no IFE.
 

Dave Noble

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2005
Messages
6,419
I don't see any issue with the showing of movies such as Poseisdon or WTC on flights where the passengers have individual IFE; it is the passenger's choice on whether to watch it or not

Personally, I tend not to watch any of the movies provided but watch stuff on my laptop; guarantees that there'll be something on that I want to watch :)

Dave
 

serfty

Veteran Member
Moderator
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
43,082
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum
Flights
My Map
Dave Noble said:
I don't see any issue with the showing of movies such as Poseisdon or WTC on flights where the passengers have individual IFE; it is the passenger's choice on whether to watch it or not ...
Actually Poseiden was was on mainscreens in September or October.
 

oz_mark

Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 30, 2002
Messages
18,522
Flights
My Map
serfty said:
Actually Poseiden was was on mainscreens in September or October.
I think one could make a case that Poseiden was a less than inspired choice for mainscreen viewing. Somehow, I must have managed to bypass the flights it was shown on.
 

Commuter

Active Member
Joined
Jun 14, 2006
Messages
793
Maybe they're trying to push their pax onto Jetstar by scaring them on flights.:D:D
 

Expon

Intern
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
67
Update: I flew Tokyo - Mel last night and they did show WTC on AVOD. It was edited however, they did not show any footage of an aircraft crashing or hitting anything.
 

Reggie

Established Member
Joined
Mar 20, 2006
Messages
1,637
mainly tailfirst said:
I guess I won't be seeing "Snakes on a Plane" anytime soon then...

mt
Tiki said:
LOL, that's one dvd I won't be renting, but if they ever did show it on a plane it would be funny as hell to watch the reactions of the pax afterwards! :D
Well on my flight today from PER to SYD on an international config 737 (I think, the one with 1,2,2 J seating), the choice of movies included Snakes on a Plane. Can say I didn't watch it though, Pirates was much more tempting.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Community Statistics

Threads
86,274
Messages
2,077,535
Members
53,672
Latest member
AlliCat
Top