- Mar 22, 2005
Some "enhancements" to Kris Flyer.
- To simplify award charts, the number of zones will be reduced from the current 23 to 14
- The redemption levels for some of the routes have also been changed more importantly ADL-SIN will be 55,000 miles up from 40,000 miles and Australia (SYD, MEL, BNE) & New Zealand to Singapore will be 55,000 miles up from 50,000 miles
- Currently unrestricted awards vary between 1.25 to 2 times that of the Saver awards. From next year, the number of miles required for unrestricted awards is all cabin classes will be 2 times that of the miles required for saver awards
- Companion awards will no longer be available
- Members can continue to redeem award tickets in Economy class (for both saver and unrestricted awards) on the B777-300ER aircraft. Only unrestricted awards will be available for redemption in First or Business Class