Answered - How to redeem Lufthansa points in Australia | Australian Frequent Flyer
Australian Frequent Flyer

Welcome to Australia's leading independent Frequent Flyer and Travel Resource since 1998!
Our site contains tons of information that will improve your travel experience.

Joining AFF is fast, simple & absolutely free - register now and take immediate advantage of these great BENEFITS.

Once registered, this box will disappear. And you will see fewer advertisements :)

Answered How to redeem Lufthansa points in Australia

infrequent_jim

Flights
My Map
I've been RTW twice on Lufthansa PE tickets and have 33,000 Miles and More points ... but how can I redeem them for flights in Australia? Are there other ways to spend them if I'm not travelling in Europe? Hotels maybe?

Advice please.

Mattg

Flights
My Map
I've been RTW twice on Lufthansa PE tickets and have 33,000 Miles and More points ... but how can I redeem them for flights in Australia? Are there other ways to spend them if I'm not travelling in Europe? Hotels maybe?

Advice please.
There are no Star Alliance airlines or any other Lufthansa partners based in Australia, so you cannot redeem Miles&More miles for Australian domestic flights. You could, however, fly to New Zealand with Air New Zealand in economy class.

FWIW - and I realise it's too late now - I would have credited those Lufthansa flights to Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, which opens up more local redemption options (e.g. VA) and also has better value redemptions and more availability on SQ flights.

infrequent_jim

Flights
My Map
Hi MEL - thanks for that. I had a look through the list - looked at hotels in London (going in May) and it looks like my points are worth maybe half a day in a modest establishment!

I might be flying to NZ later this year so I'll look at that too.

Community Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ach1905