How long till vaccine passports?

SYD

Established Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Gold
Vaccine passports for international travel will be available from tomorrow.
The system is live in the Medicare app. You’ll need valid PP info to proceed. I didn’t click through but curious what it gives you?

Virgin Wines Australia Has Exceptional Red, White & Sparkling Wines On Offer. See Online. See Our Exclusive Wine Selections From Around Australia & Around The World. Shop Now! Advent Calendar 2021. Better Wines for Less. Cancel Anytime. No Membership Fees.

AFF Supporters can remove this and all advertisements

jakeseven7

Solutions
The system is live in the Medicare app. You’ll need valid PP info to proceed. I didn’t click through but curious what it gives you?

A QR code for 10% off duty free hopefully as well as a QR code to say that I’ve been vaccinated :)

Pushka

Veteran Member
Solutions
Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Red
I've received the QR certificate but surely you don't need to enter passport details every single time? Or is it now attached somehowe electronically to the passport and I don't need to use the Medicare app again. I've shared the other certificate with NSW and Vic Heslth. SA is running a bit late.

MelMel

I've received the QR certificate but surely you don't need to enter passport details every single time? Or is it now attached somehowe electronically to the passport and I don't need to use the Medicare app again. I've shared the other certificate with NSW and Vic Heslth. SA is running a bit late.
I saved it to my phone so I can pull it up at any time

Qantas
Platinum
Virgin
Platinum

If you lose the certificate, yes you will need to re-enter your passport details on the Medicare site to create a new one. It doesn't store them in any central location (it can be cryptographically verified with the QR code's data, but the actual "plaintext" of the passport information is not centrally stored).

Enhance your AFF viewing experience!

From just $6 we'll remove all advertisements so that you can enjoy a cleaner and uninterupted viewing experience.

And you'll be supporting us so that we can continue to provide this valuable resource :)

Sample AFF with no advertisements? More..

Currently Active Users